Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka rejects City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

....'Hallelujah'!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Berlusconi said: "Kaka is staying with Milan. For Kaka, money isn't everything.

Amen ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Thank Christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

At last we can move on to discussing Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid..phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

hallelujah wrote: »

2 things I don't trust SSn and Berlusconi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Sanity prevails.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

he made the decision after hearing man city had signed bellamy ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Boggles wrote: »
    2 things I don't trust SSn and Berlusconi.
    BBC? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7838966.stm

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Publicly Milan will be delighted but behind the scenes they must be sickened they are missing out on €120m, especially at such a financially tight time for Italian football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

PRaise the Lord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Good. Wonder who they'll go after next :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

he made the decision after hearing man city had signed bellamy ;)

Or Robinho rang him and told him to beware that they never said anything about being beaten 8-1 before he signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,451 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Publicly Milan will be delighted but behind the scenes they must be sickened they are missing out on €120m, especially at such a financially tight time for Italian football.

i would think if they really wanted him gone, I reckon he would have gone. No doubt they would have liked the money; but i think it is a case that they were happy either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

+1

I'd say they were hoping to cash in on him, obviously not say they wanted to sell publically but go about it in their own Milan way of sellin a player who didn't really want to leave so they don't look like the bad guy, like they did with Sheva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hmm. This could be good for us United fans. Hopefully the Real Madrid Kaka chase will get some media attention now especially with the whole battle for his signature with City. It could be the new story they have been waiting for with the Ronaldo saga, being rehashed for the lack of a better one, getting a bit (understatement) dull.

Savman wrote: »
    Good. Wonder who they'll go after next :eek:

I may be talking poop, but doesn't Messi have a release clause of £85 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,451 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Messi would consider leaving Barcelona. I did think Kaka could be turned, but I would be shocked if Messi was.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Messi would consider leaving Barcelona. I did think Kaka could be turned, but I would be shocked if Messi was.

Your prob right.

One word thou, Figo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Like you I'm not sure but I think his release clause was bumped up in the last contract he signed.

Not that he'd ever go to City anyway, too many Brazilians :pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Like you I'm not sure but I think his release clause was bumped up in the last contract he signed.

Not that he'd ever go to City anyway, too many Brazilians :pac:

Haha

I don't know how that information is in my head, it could well be take from Football Manager 2005. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I don't think its surprising to be honest. No footballer with ambition or worth his salt, would sign for City from a Champions League winning side.

I think Robinho will be off in the summer also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

So will attention turn towards Villa maybe? There running out of world class players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

joe123 wrote: »
    So will attention turn towards Villa maybe? There running out of world class players!

valencia do need money but i dought villa will leave spain

I don't think its surprising to be honest. No footballer with ambition or worth his salt, would sign for City from a Champions League winning side.

Hughes really needs a couple of years to steady the ship, get them up to 5th - 6th before the world class would even consider joining.

Robinho off in the summer?? I think thats a bit of a daft statement there to be honest.:cool::cool:

Robinho off in the summer?? I think thats a bit of a daft statement there to be honest.:cool::cool:

I'm sure he has a relegation clause. :D

Hughes really needs a couple of years to steady the ship, get them up to 5th - 6th before the world class would even consider joining.

I can easily see them finishing 6th this season. There only lying in 10th is it at the min?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

syngindub wrote: »
    At last we can move on to discussing Ronaldo's move to Man City..phew
    FYP;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Much respect for Kaka:)

• Advertisement

I can easily see them finishing 6th this season. There only lying in 10th is it at the min?

11th with a game in hand.

Not beyond the realms of possibilty that they could finish 6th your right.

Hull are 9th with a -13 goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

While it is good news for the other Premiership teams that Kaka rejected this offer, as far as I am concerned it just delays Man City's inevitable dominance. By bidding €120m for one player at a time of great stress and strain in the global financial environment, Man City's owners have demonstrated the abillity and intent to really shake it up in the transfer market over the coming years. Kaka may have decided that money isn't everything - but footballers who readily give up significant portions of their total income to religious and charitable organizations are a decidedly rare breed.

Be afraid.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    While it is good news for the other Premiership teams that Kaka rejected this offer, as far as I am concerned it just delays Man Citys inevitable dominance. By bidding €120m for one player at a time of great stress and strain in the global financial environment, Man City's owners have demonstrated the abillity and intent to really shake it up in the transfer market over the coming years. Kaka may have decided that money isn't everything - but footballers who readily give up significant portions of their total income to religious and charitable organizations are a decidedly rare breed.

Be afraid.

hey luckyLloyd

you were right after all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Well, its a good thing for football IMO.

kAkA needs success, he wont get that at citeh and he is already with AC Milan, one of the finest institutions in the world!

So, its hardly surprising he snubbed em. Back to the panini sticker album lads.

im looking forward to hearing from xavi :D

Be afraid.
    No way dude. They'll 'do a Man City' and make a balls of it somehow :D:D

/hides from Xavi6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Good PR stunt for kaka. He is going to gain so much respect from every football fan besides inter and manc :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fair play to Kaka. Not many players would be able to resist such an amount of money.

Obviously it's disappointing but at the same time it fills the fans with confidence that we are making moves in the right direction.

I've said it before - we need to walk before we can run. Robinho was a fluke signing due to circumstances. We're still improving the squad with acquisitions of Bridge and Bellamy. De Jong is also meant to be siging this week so it's not the end of the world. A top 6 finish is certainly a reasonable possibility.

It's time to get back on.

roller-coaster.jpg

Actually, when you take the Kaka thing out of the equation, you can see some quality and some logic to the recent signings. Bridge, Bellamy, De Jong...maybe even RSC as a dark horse. That's the course City should stay on tbh, solid proven players.

They're still gonna pay wayyyy over the odds but at least it's not jumping into Glacticos prematurely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

I don't begrudge city being capable of spending huge amounts of money to attract players but I'm glad that Kaka refused the move. It shows that money isn't the only thing that rules in football.

Agreed. Kaka = the man who saved football (until july).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Savman wrote: »
    Agreed. Kaka = the man who saved football (until july).

Yup if that transfer had of happend it would have become the "Expected" fee nearly for players in a few years time..Id say Ferdinands move to Utd kinda set off this era of big money moves.Fair play to Kaka for rejecting it..Andy Gray's blog on it was intresting.Saying stuff like it probley woulda caused unrest in the dressing room..I mean if your any of the other city players would you really be happy with someone sitting beside you in the dressing room earning 500,000 a week while your on 30,40 ??

I bet you large Sam is fuming, he slapped a 40 million price tag on Santa Cruz this evening.

Soby wrote: »
    Id say Ferdinands move to Utd kinda set off this era of big money moves

I wouldn't

p1_zidane_getty.jpg

Saying stuff like it probley woulda caused unrest in the dressing room..I mean if your any of the other city players would you really be happy with someone sitting beside you in the dressing room earning 500,000 a week while your on 30,40 ??
    Unrest?! There would have been blue murder (pun of the year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wouldn't

p1_zidane_getty.jpg

and before that;
    2006-05-16-figo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I wouldn't

p1_zidane_getty.jpg

Sorry ye Ferdinand was the year after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know not as ridiculous but a huge move at the time:

nicholas-anelka.jpg

Sorry ye Ferdinand was the year after

And for less money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I fu*king told you all!

I knew the second the match ended on saturday he wasn't going, hr looked happy to know he was staying rather than sad he knew he was leaving.

Kaká is already a Milan legend and in the over the next 8 years he will join the likes of Berasi, Maldini, Rivera and Costacurta.

Milan, Milan, Solo Con te,
    Milan, Milan, Pre Sempre te!!!

Seaneh wrote: »

Milan, Milan, Solo Con te,
    Milan, Milan, Pre Sempre te!!!
    Huh? Speak american.

• Advertisement
Advertisement