Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka rejects City

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

carlop wrote: »
    All Berlusconi has done here is apply a bit of spin to the situation to make himself appear as the hero who has saved the day, the champion of the Milanese people. The man is an absolute master at spouting bs, how else could someone so obviously corrupt have been elected 3 times? He'll probably end up joining FF whenever he's done in Italy.

My understaning of what he has said is that Milan were willing to let Kaka go if Kaka wanted to go. When Kaka said he did not want to leave for City the deal died. Which means he didn't really do anything, just left the decision to Kaka. City's version would imply it was Milan who put the blocker on the deal and it never got as far as Kaka at all, which i would imagine would actually go down better with the Milan fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I just hope Torres will have the same decency as Kaka showed when the time comes when Man City offer the pool something crazy. Its inevitable....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

My understaning of what he has said is that Milan were willing to let Kaka go if Kaka wanted to go. When Kaka said he did not want to leave for City the deal died. Which means he didn't really do anything, just left the decision to Kaka. City's version would imply it was Milan who put the blocker on the deal and it never got as far as Kaka at all, which i would imagine would actually go down better with the Milan fans.

By going on Sky Italia to announce it himself he immediately draws some of the credit to himself, even if he doesn't say it. He does not have any real day to day involvement in club affairs, so it should have been left to Galliani, Ancelotti or a simple press release to announce the news. This was akin to Abramovich going on SSN when Lampard said he didn't want to leave Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The timescale is the important thing there. Anyway, I'm just pointing out that lots of teams have a sugar daddy that comes in and buys leagues, milan are no different

Thats fair enough. Its no different than what Chelsea, Blackburn or Man U have done before hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

joe123 wrote: »
    I just hope Torres will have the same decency as Kaka showed when the time comes when Man City offer the pool something crazy. Its inevitable....

Not so sure.
    I reckon if they go for strikers they'll go for the likes of Aguero, Ibra, Eto'o etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Frisbee wrote: »
    Not so sure.
    I reckon if they go for strikers they'll go for the likes of Aguero, Ibra, Eto'o etc.

Torres was the name mentioned by the Sheikh when he arrived. He wont go though anyway, he's already slated City for the approach they are taking & said Kaka would ruin his career by going there.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Torres was the name mentioned by the Sheikh when he arrived. He wont go though anyway, he's already slated City for the approach they are taking & said Kaka would ruin his career by going there.

Fair play to him.

Was he approached or just mentioned, your post is unclear. I remember the guy mentioning basically every big name footballer (Torres, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc) so i'm not sure if the mention of his name really ment anything. though i do have some recollection of a 50million bid for him, or talk of it at least. Was that from Chelsea though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I reckon kakas church is pissed off with him, they would have had a nice cash injection if he accepted.
    It was funny seeing milan fans protesting, they did the exact same as city are trying to do. Berlusconi took over a rubbish team and bought all the best players he could, breaking the transfer record for Guillit

There's a massive difference.

Berlu bought what was one of the biggest clubs in the world who were about to go bankrupt, had been relegated two devisions and lost their entire squad because the previous owners had let eveything go balls up and done a runner leaving the club in the ****s and he built it up over 4-5 years.

Many City are a small club who are trying to buy the best players in the world straight off.

Massive difference.

iregk wrote: »
    Thats fair enough. Its no different than what Chelsea, Blackburn or Man U have done before hand...
    what of Uniteds success has been bankrolled by a billionaire or millionaire sugar daddy, as opposed to from profits generated by a successful club?

For everyone commending Kaka on not taking the money here is an interview by City Executive Chairman Garry Cook. Somebody was obviously after the cash.....

"The player was clearly for sale," Cook said. "We had entered into a confidentiality agreement weeks ago but, in my personal opinion, they bottled it."

As Cook confirmed, negotiations had been ongoing for weeks, with Milan in full knowledge of the significance of their move.

“We had gone through a three or four-stage process in which Milan made it quite clear Kaka was for sale and we made it clear we intended to bring him to Manchester City,” he said.

“As we got to the next stage there were questions they could not answer and I think the political and public pressure made them change their conditions.

“We never even met the player. We met his representative, his father, but we had discussed commercial terms only.”

But Cook felt that rather than looking at the wider picture, the deal just turned into one about money.

“The agenda we thought we were on was about Kaka coming on a journey with this club but at the end the only journey they were on was a fiscal one,” added Cook.

“We'll continue on our journey but he won't be a part of it. Deals with the greatest players are more than complex.

“It would have been great to have him with us but what got in the way was the behaviour of AC Milan and I think they bottled it.

“We got to talk to Kaka's father. His father said he was very interested in the project and we talked about humanitarian potential factors but when we got into discussions those issues took a back seat and financial demands came to the fore

Milan, one of the biggest clubs in the world who have been involved in some of the biggest transfers in the world with some of the best players in the world over the last 20 years don't know how to handle business?

Get a fu*king grip city, seriously.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    107m for Kaka is not as ridiculous as 13m for Gianluigi Lentini :eek:

In fairness to Gigi he was an insanely talented player, just happened to almost die in a car crash and barely managed to continue his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan, one of the biggest clubs in the world who have been involved in some of the biggest transfers in the world with some of the best players in the world over the last 20 years don't know how to handle business?

Get a fu*king grip city, seriously.

Don't see Cook questioning their ability to conduct transfers in the past in his statement.... Just this deal.

I think its pretty obvious to everyone that Milan were prepared to sell him and that the player didn't really want to go (and who could blame him) but was probably a bit p*ssed off that Milan were happy enough to let him go. It was all about seeing who could come out of it looking like the injured party and so gaining the sympathy of the fans. It gets leaked to the press by Milan to gauge reaction which is negative and as far as I am concerned the deal finished at this stage. It was never going to happen after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

what of Uniteds success has been bankrolled by a billionaire or millionaire sugar daddy, as opposed to from profits generated by a successful club?

correct me if im wrong. were talking about league titles being bought. united first title in 26 years was bought with the most expensive team ever assembled in english football.

Don't see Cook questioning their ability to conduct transfers in the past in his statement.... Just this deal.

I think its pretty obvious to everyone that Milan were prepared to sell him and that the player didn't really want to go (and who could blame him) but was probably a bit p*ssed off that Milan were happy enough to let him go. It was all about seeing who could come out of it looking like the injured party and so gaining the sympathy of the fans. It gets leaked to the press by Milan to gauge reaction which is negative and as far as I am concerned the deal finished at this stage. It was never going to happen after this.

Milan have ALWAYS had a policy of telling players when bids are made for them and allowing the player to decide weather they wanted to move or not, the only acceptions being berasi and maldini who milan just said "they're not for sale" to anyone who bidded for them, usually the player doesn't move (Kaka for the last 2 years to Real, Kaladze to Chelsea, Bonera to Lazio, Gattauso to Bayern, Man Utd, Barce and Real in the last 5 years, Albertini to Roma and Real, Boban to Bayern, Weah to Real, etc, etc, etc) but oceasionally they do move (Sheva and Desailly to Chelsea, Panucci to Real, Marco Simone to P.S.G.) but they have always given the player the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan have ALWAYS had a policy of telling players when bids are made for them and allowing the player to decide weather they wanted to move or not, the only acceptions being berasi and maldini who milan just said "they're not for sale" to anyone who bidded for them, usually the player doesn't move (Kaka for the last 2 years to Real, Kaladze to Chelsea, Bonera to Lazio, Gattauso to Bayern, Man Utd, Barce and Real in the last 5 years, Albertini to Roma and Real, Boban to Bayern, Weah to Real, etc, etc, etc) but oceasionally they do move (Sheva and Desailly to Chelsea, Panucci to Real, Marco Simone to P.S.G.) but they have always given the player the option.

Big difference in telling the player and telling the press...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well it's finally here. The inevitable downfall version of the non transfer on youtube. The language is a bit OTT so it may be nsfw.

City supporters won't find it funny but I think everyone else will.

EDIT: I can't see the embedded video even though I put it in the youtube tags. If anyone else can't see it, they can click on this link. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=BNV1mbLKXlQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

there ya go LostinBlanch

Advertisement