Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the DSFA office in drogheda

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I'm from the countryside, I dont know where the 'dole office' (DSFA) is in Drogheda which is where I'm told I have to go to see if I am eligable as I'm a graduate who has had no job for 6 months.

I tend to throw out rejection letters so what do I do (other than keep any new ones) as I cannot prove that i am trying to get work either?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Department of Social and Family Affairs

Custom House Quay
    Drogheda
    Co. Louth

Tel: +353 41 983 8626
    fax: +353 41 983 6675
    email: N/A
    www: http://www.welfare.ie
    Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-12.00 & 2.00-4.00.

Wheelchair-accessible: Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

The dole office is just across from Scotch Hall - to the right of the old Sound Shop. It's unlikely that they'll ask for proof that you've been looking for work. There is none!! :pac:

As far as I know you are eligible for some payment but how much depends on how much you've been working part time etc.

G'luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

Well I was waiting for ages which wasn't fun. Because I was 'living abroad' (the UK for uni) it will take 3 months... yet the woman beside me from county Lithuania was fine.. guess she hasn't been living abroad then.

I'm quite annoyed. Tempted just to go to the Credit union, withdraw it all and go to England permanently. This country is a disgrace. I've never been proud to call myself irish given the state of the country, but now I'm downright disgusted by the notion.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Spyral wrote: »
    Well I was waiting for ages which wasn't fun. Because I was 'living abroad' (the UK for uni) it will take 3 months... yet the woman beside me from county Lithuania was fine.. guess she hasn't been living abroad then.

Dude, like everything in life there are rules to be followed. For all you know that Lithuanian woman could have been paying tax and PRSI for the last number of years, therefore deserves to get benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

And I was working and paying tax at one time too...

It's just *frustrating*

• Advertisement

You were paying tax in Ireland or the UK? Why did you wait 6 months?

People that have worked (and are more than willing to work) in this country and paid taxes over the last 6 or 7 years are more than entitled to claim welfare.

It's no different to any other EU country.

And yes you're dead right. Ireland can't claim to be a great country like England. :rolleyes:

Advertisement