Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venice C&C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

When you are copy and pasting the code from Pix, use the code in the second box instead.

And you can't post anything larger than 800 on the longest side. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ainenic

Thanks,

51B0FBE9FFA34A8EBEA4046BF8A640B0-500.jpg

Would appreciate if somebody would tell me how to bring this back to size pl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

See the page where you got the code from on Pix? Well above the photo, there are different size options. The general rule on here is that you can't post a photo longer than 800 on the longest side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Go to your pix page, select the page with smaller size of the picture, right click on the picture, select "Copy Image location".
    Then go back to your post, edit it and just replace the text in the link http://www..... with the new text pasted.
    I think.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help:). Think I've gone in the other direction now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That's absolutely OK. It is much nicer (for me) to see a smaller picture that is a link to itself. I do appreciate such effort, especially on smaller laptop screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Worthwhile remembering that flickr and pix.ie community guidelines all specify link backs which is why pix.ie makes it sooooo easy and frankly flickr doesn't - I think nilg's tutorial in the stickies has about 11 steps to 'properly' do it in flickr but about 3 maybe 4 for pix :)

Aine - I like the post and what you were trying to achieve. Don't be overly worried about not having gotten too close. Sometimes its a case of you just can't.

I'd have perhaps tried a few steps further to your right if that were possible but that all depends on what the remainder of the scene would have been like.

An interesting crop - the rules suggest you don't crop a foot but you've just cropped the big toe so you've gotten away with it! (ach - what are rules anyhow). I think it works here.

It lacks a little in drama something that can be added in post processing / lightroom presets / nostalgic filters perhaps.

Nice take though and good concept.

Thanks, An Cat Dubh. It lacks light and shade and I never noticed her foot! However, I'm not unhappy with the composition.

Advertisement