Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards operation question.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hi ,just wanted to ask a question about the site at the moment.

Is there ever times on Boards.ie ,that the current mods and admins decide they need to elect X amount of mods.
    The reason I ask is ,I'm wondering how in fact the site copes with growth.
    Personally I can see a big run on the site in the coming months ,more so than at the moment.

Is there a balance or does the system/hardware itself decide growth ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh good lord, it's not that automated:)

Rather than looking at it top-down, think of it bottom-up. When it becomes clear that particular forums need more mods to cope with increased users and traffic, additional mods are added on to that particular forum. Sometimes mods demote themselves and they are replaced. Sometimes mods are added on purely because existing mods have stuff going on and can't give so much time to the site.

The system/hardware doesn't have any involvement in the decision or the process.

And yeah, I'm sure there will be increased growth, even just judging by past growth. When I signed up, I was user 3182. The newest user is user 204624, the expansion over the past few years in particular has been massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks sceptre ,been thinking about it lately and boards seemed to be turning into a machine.

Good to hear you folks are at hand:)

Advertisement