Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's moderating the Mods?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Can I ask, if enough complaints are recieved by numerous individuals about a mod, what actions are taken in respect of a mods tone, actions and behaviour?

like has a mod ever been stripped of its title?
    And who's modding the mods?

just curious?

Thanks,

NIF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Can I ask, if enough complaints are recieved by numerous individuals about a mod, what actions are taken in respect of a mods tone, actions and behaviour?
    This may sound like a copout answer but it's definitely not meant to be. It depends on what the complaints are about. Some moderators have had their positions removed from them in the past. Some moderators have been warned. It depends on whether the complaints are well-founded, fair and if the offence as reported is serious enough.

The ultimate rulers/arbiters/pseudo-gods on the site are the admins. It's their site, they own it.
    like has a mod ever been stripped of its title?
    Yes. I'm not going to poke about for examples as that would take far too long but users will be aware of this happening on a number of occasions.
    And who's modding the mods?
    As mentioned above, ultimately the five admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No worries, curiosity is good.

Advertisement