Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Token Expired

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:34am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On attempting to reply to a thread using quick reply in the Photography forum I got a message saying;

"Quick Reply
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.
    Please reload the window."

I recalled someone posting about this before but it not being traced so decided do some testing to see if I could give some information to help track the problem. The window had been open some hours before attempting to reply.

Clicked back, then forward again to the window I was just at to try post again. This was just a test but I knew it wouldn't make much a difference. Reloading the window made no difference the problem still persisted.

The only way I could reply was by using the main reply window.

Hope this helps track down the problem thats been reported a few times. :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The window had been open some hours before attempting to reply.

Pretty sure this is a feature, not a bug.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CuLT wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is a feature, not a bug.

Never happened to me before. Plus the reloading of the page failed to address the problem?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sully wrote: »
    Never happened to me before. Plus the reloading of the page failed to address the problem?
    Didn't refresh correctly, page was cached, something along those lines, probably. Security tokens expire after a certain amount of time for... well, I imagine security reasons.

If other also people find this is impeding normal posting I'll have a look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey Sully to put your mind at ease

this is happening to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Happens to me on every post now.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement