Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Look man, I don't know you but I do know Trippie just to state my bias. Regardless of your personal animosity towards him the way I see it you have 2 choices:

Either get over it and shut up about it so we can play as a team and Ricky doesn't have to worry about you 2 on the line when we are trying to win a game or stay bitter and stay at home.

Look, I know you are clearly annoyed at what happened between ye and frankly I don't know enough about it to comment but can we just play a game of football, have a laugh and let this **** slide? Life is too short.

The guy hasn't even had the decency to apologise. Anyway, my bad. Shoulda just stfu myself in the 1st place and said i'll be there. No point buying f90s to sit gathering dust. I'll look into best way of getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Be there at 3:30 for a warm up and to find out positions and formation.

Could everyone bring a red top to wear, if they have a spare red top bring that also.

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 13 players that's €9.50 each.

The starting 11 will be the following:

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Theresalwaysone/Aodeo (depending if Steve comes)
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    aodea (depending on Donal)
    Trippie
    Bohsman

wow a lot of ifs and buts for me lol. Also once there is no bitching on the pitch shud be ok ill be looking to hurt Tribulus so then i have no one to compete with for my place for the rest of the season. jeff was average today so he is due a good game it is always like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Fran, top top work mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Be there at 3:30 for a warm up and to find out positions and formation.

Could everyone bring a red top to wear, if they have a spare red top bring that also.

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 13 players that's €9.50 each.

The starting 11 will be the following:

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Theresalwaysone/aodeo (depending if Steve comes)
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    aodea (depending on Steve)
    Trippie
    Bohsman
    +2 special guests

• Advertisement

i'll be there ricky! dont let this combatitive internetz posting style of mine put you off giving me 45 mins ;)<3 I retract criticism of the manager and goalkeeper :D

For fun, let's make some predictions:

Score tomorrow?
    First scorer?
    How many penalities?

Score tomorrow? 8-3
    First scorer? me:D
    How many penalities? 1

>>

Score tomorrow?
    8-2 to poker
    First scorer?
    Your good self

How many penalities?
    1 but I think they'll be much better in this regard tomorrow. Lack of sharpness cost them the last day in this area.

Come on Poker Forum!!!

Can someone post the directions from last time as i cannot remember where the pitch is.

• Advertisement

Can someone post the directions from last time as i cannot remember where the pitch is.

lcmap1small.jpg

FROM M50 MOTORWAY:
    Follow the signs "Southbound M50". Take the exit for "Dundrum / Sandyford", keep left and at roundabout, take exit signposted "Ratharnham". This turn will take you on to Brehan Field Road. Go straight at the next three sets of traffic lights, following the sign R822 to Rathfarnham/Tallaght. At the fourth set of lights, you'll see a sign for Nutgrove Shopping Centre. Take this right turn. You will now be on Stonemason's Way. Go straight at the next roundabout, bringing you onto Broadford Road. Turn left at the next roundabout and Loreto Park and Leicester Celtic's Clubhouse are located on the right hand side.
    FROM DUBLIN CITY CENTRE:
    Follow the signs to Blessington [N81]. At the crossroads in Terenure village, go straight ahead following the signs to Rathfarnham [N118], passing the Eagle House pub on your left. This takes you on to Rathfarnham Road. Follow the road, passing the Yellow House pub on your right, on to Grange Road. Grange Road leads on to Nutgrove Avenue. From Nutgrove Avenue, take a right at the junction with Nutgrove Way. Once on Nutgrove Way, you will pass McDonalds restaurant and the Nutgrove Shopping Centre on your left. Continue straight until you come to a roundabout. Turn right at this roundabout and Loreto Park and Leicester's Clubhouse is on the right hand
    side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Score tomorrow? 5-4
    First scorer? Im going to go for one of them for some weird reason
    How many penalities?well if fran has his ballet slippers on then 2, if not 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

ditpoker wrote: »
    [
    On the plus side Tribulus had a full game today, so he will be knackered for the soccer forum tomorrow.
    On the negative side I had a full game today, so I will be knackered for the poker forum tomorrow.

Pfff, I'm a machine.

It was a clear penalty your honour:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Fix tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fix tbh

score?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

KevIRL wrote: »
    score?

we were 4-0 up when I left with about 15 to go.

careca wrote: »

Lets leave it at that...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Lets leave it at that...
    oh oh, what did it finish?

8-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

You can double that Neil :pac:

I think (a little unfairly) it was 8-0 in the end :rolleyes: Darragh scored a class Zola flick at the near post late on, Keith scored from outside the box as did Ricky! I was robbed of a peno by a dubious offside decision to say the least, seeing as there were 2 defenders ahead of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I think (a little unfairly) it was 8-0 in the end :rolleyes: Darragh scored a class Zola flick at the near post late on, Keith scored from outside the box as did Ricky! I was robbed of a peno by a dubious offside decision to say the least, seeing as there were 2 defenders ahead of me!!

Hey Danny, answer the big question, was there any sideline entertainment?;)

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hey Danny, answer the big question, was there any sideline entertainment?;)

Sorry to disappoint, actually a handshake. :eek: The headline tomorrow will be the savage 1-2 i played with Gordon!! True story!

And he set HJ up for one of his.

Dan played very well to be fair.

Football was the overall winner (always wanted to use that ****e expression :))

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

enjoiyed the game lads. Was a bot of a stroll last third first two were more competitive. Couple of individual errors led to our first few goals .last third we strolled i felt they just got bit tired. Thought donal was a touch of class in the middle.

Already ejoying reading the other forums comments how they felt they were better team for long periods and so fourth.

It was a good game although i think i have a cracked/bruised rib from my 1 on 1 collision with Llyod on goal:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Theresa here.

Fookin never travelling on a ferry again. Missed this, by the sounds of it I woulda got a goal too. sigh.

Well done all.

To say they were the better team is wrong. They were a better team than last time, and were competitive in parts, but they weren't a better team. They lack forwards and a keeper if they want to compete.

Scorers for today HJ*2, DIT*2, Fran, Keith, me, and Fintan (special guest).

I have a broken toe thanks to colly as well my legs are in bits - there's hardly any skin left on them.

They were much tougher at the back and didn't give HJ and I as much space, but we could have scored more than we did.

I'll stick up a match report later/tomorrow

Thanks all and WP

• Advertisement

To say they were the better team is wrong.

Aye, it was a deserved win for you.
    Was never an 8-0 though imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement