Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye, it was a deserved win for you.
    Was never an 8-0 though imo

No this is true. 3-5 would have being fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

To say they were the better team is wrong. They were a better team than last time, and were competitive in parts, but they weren't a better team. They lack forwards and a keeper if they want to compete.

Scorers for today HJ*2, DIT*2, Fran, Keith, me, and Fintan (special guest).

I have a broken toe thanks to colly as well my legs are in bits - there's hardly any skin left on them.

They were much tougher at the back and didn't give HJ and I as much space, but we could have scored more than we did.

I'll stick up a match report later/tomorrow

Thanks all and WP

Sorry about that, didn't mean to go in that hard although the games are fairly physical, it does make them more enjoyable. Your right, theres no way we were the better team, the better team does not get stuffed 8-0.
    I felt we may have been the better side in the second period but that just my own biased opinion. The game was alot closer than the scoreline though.

Either way, win or loose I really enjoyed the game and I can't usually say that after a loss, we should get another one going at some stage

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye, it was a deserved win for you.
    Was never an 8-0 though imo

TBH man I think we are 3-5 goals better than ye at the min, same as the last day. Fitness and concentration told at the end of both matches and some of the goals at the end Lloyd couldn't have done anything about, we had more time and space as heads dropped and that's understandable.

Overall it was a much much tougher game than last time, particularly in the middle third. We scored 2 in the first third, 2 in the second and 4 in the last iirc.

To be fair though the apparent Dalglish/Rush connection that R4AD and Trippie seem to share was the most surprising aspect. Best passing move of the game and it was done lightning fast too. Excellent football there lads.

Like to say thanks to Ricky again for doing another super job as manager. Undefeated eh? I made some jibe about Lloyd coming on upfront for them like "they're bringing on a pace man up front" that I think you thought was me slagging you but it wasn't man. I slagged ya for that awful miss late on but now I know your toe is broken tbh it makes the last 35 minutes a hell of a lot more impressive from ya man.

Cheers to all for the game and well done to all the lads.

Except Bohsman who deserved at least a yellow card for that blatant kick he gave me after I dumped him on his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Is there any point getting an x-ray to check if the ribs are fcked, they can do fck all if its broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Enjoyed today's game up until the part when my calf seized up for the 2nd game in a row. I think i really am going to have to work on them as im just not used to the movements involved in football and that's why they cramp so bad I think.

Ye myself and dan played some nice passes to get into the box and I was sort of hoping he would have buried it when i laid it back to him and also when he was called for offside which was ludicrous by the way Des. It took a while but I think Breifne got the message that there was no way I was going to be able to win the headers or control the ball from his long kick outs as i did give the ball away a good bit from that which put pressure back on us immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Is there any point getting an x-ray to check if the ribs are fcked, they can do fck all if its broken?

nothing at all, just suck it up fran imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Solskjaer did offer the soccer forum his services. (so I did)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As discussed in the pub -

:pac:

That vid was posted after the last match too. If Des was more strict there'd have been another 10 or so foul throws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

have broken ribs twice before. painkillers are the only thing you can do. do NOT under any cicrumstances strap them, anyone who tells you to should be shot. no need for an x-ray unless they are violently misaligned. but you'd be able to see/feel that. just painkillers im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Well Done Lads, great result.

Im gutted I missed it, I really am. Sounds like I wasnt required anyway with Anto and Donal doing a job.

Whens the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Lads would you be interested in playing against a Boxing Forum team? I am in the early stages of organizing a team.

Well Done Lads, great result.

Im gutted I missed it, I really am. Sounds like I wasnt required anyway with Anto and Donal doing a job.

Whens the next one?

We're in negotiations
    bobbyg wrote: »
    Lads would you be interested in playing against a Boxing Forum team? I am in the early stages of organizing a team.

Yes

In Soccer?

In Soccer?

LOL, well to begin with anyway;)

We're in negotiations

Yes

Ok so i wll start organizing the team then get back to you.

Colly10 from the Soccer forum posts there so we should be seeing at least one familiar face. Hopefully they are not all as good as him.

Ok so i wll start organizing the team then get back to you.

Cool - txs

Colly10 from the Soccer forum posts there so we should be seeing at least one familiar face. Hopefully they are not all as good as him.

He has already signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Don't know about anyone else but I'm bloody sore this morning! Knee is ripped to shreds from sliding on that surface.

Have to say I really enjoyed the midfield battle with Donal and Anto. Two very good players, but I thought myself and Graham gave a good account of ourselves and it was quite competitive in there.

• Advertisement

People are looking at me strange in work hobbling around like an old man!!

People are looking at me strange in work hobbling around like an old man!!

You took some bloody beating yesterday Fran. Definitely took the majority of the hardest hits although, to be fair, Colly did lose a tooth afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Anyone fancy another one today!

j/k I'm fairly stiff after that.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Don't know about anyone else but I'm bloody sore this morning! Knee is ripped to shreds from sliding on that surface.

Have to say I really enjoyed the midfield battle with Donal and Anto. Two very good players, but I thought myself and Graham gave a good account of ourselves and it was quite competitive in there.

I'm in bits "working from home" today.

I'm sure purple/non bendy toes isn't a good thing either, LOL. Bring on the skin graphs also :)

Writing up a match report at the moment

You took some bloody beating yesterday Fran. Definitely took the majority of the hardest hits although, to be fair, Colly did lose a tooth afaik.

Right arm (metal plate) is hurting like fck, left ankle and groin in bits and a large lump over 2 of my ribs so yeah pretty much need some new body parts.
    It was an awful feeling when i got the heavy knock on the arm i literally thought it had snapped again, visions of bolts/metal snapping ugh:o

Right arm (metal plate) is hurting like fck, left ankle and groin in bits and a large lump over 2 of my ribs so yeah pretty much need some new body parts.
    It was an awful feeling when i got the heavy knock on the arm i literally thought it had snapped again, visions of bolts/metal snapping ugh:o

I said it to the Soccer forum guy next to me, the way you reacted I thought you had broken it. I didn't realise that you had the metal plate in there so that explains the look of panic you had for a minute.

Glad to hear you are alright though.

Ricky, how bad is the toe? Are you ok or is it genuinely bollixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Definitely took the majority of the hardest hits although, to be fair, Colly did lose a tooth afaik.

No didn't loose the tooth, just had it knocked through my face (although I probably deserved it, I was busy trying to hack someone down at the time).
    I've already been asked if I was in a fight today :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are ye sure it wasn't 1980's compromise rules ye were playing lads? Sounds like one Bomber Liston would have enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In the worst incident of the match poor Kayroo's boot burst open.

Awwwwww

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Are ye sure it wasn't 1980's compromise rules ye were playing lads? Sounds like one Bomber Liston would have enjoyed.

Funny thing was Dom it was a very clean game, just much more competitive. Fran got cleaned out twice and I have no idea how Colly broke Ricky's toe. Colly fell over Jeff while trying to bring him down before he got into the box and scored and did his tooth.

Great craic though, I love a good physical challenge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement