Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

semibluff wrote: »
    Id LOVE to get a midfield battle on a grass pitch. I think it would suit alot of players more, and certainly me and steve (imo). Nice rainy day would be perfect, so annoyed dint get to crunch anyone yesterday! ;)

Sure ya can crunch me next time!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Cheers for the comments Governer lane guys:

I think if we play you guys on grass (and compete) we would need to try and have a training session/kick around on grass before hand.

So potentially we have 3 games lined up in the next 6 weeks or so
    1. Governer Lane
    2. Boxing forum
    3. Soccer forum

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Wow with that kinda packed schedule what do premership players have to complain about.

aodea wrote: »
    Sure ya can crunch me next time!!!!!!!!

[x] Homoerotic

Wow with that kinda packed schedule what do premership players have to complain about.

Worse for those of us who play for another team on a Saturday. I'll be ****ed by mid-April at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Do you think the boxing forum will beat us up if we win?

I doubt they'll be able to scrape a squad together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Damn right we will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

colly10 wrote: »

Why does it come as no surprise to me that your a boxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

colly10 wrote: »

you do realise there sin't a break every 3 minutes don't you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Not earning as much as poker players :rolleyes: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hey fellas.

I mentioned this before the game yesterday, and again in the pub afterwards.

A couple of you said you'd be interested, so if you could add your name into this thread, that would be great.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485993

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

YULETIRED wrote: »
    you do realise there sin't a break every 3 minutes don't you.

Boxing is FAR more phycially demanding than football, i've played club football for around 10 years but i've never had to dig as deep as I have in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Grass pitch would be brilliant. I was thinking maybe someone could try to get a pitch in CYM in terenure, I passed it on the way to the pitch yesterday, I play rugby matches in their sometimes and they have a nice looking soccer pitch.

I think i'm definately more suited to grass, as on it my lunging style of soccer is better complimented. For jackyblacks goal I was tempted to try a lunge/swing my foot around to try and dislodge the ball before he shot, but felt that due to me hurting him in an earlier tackle it wouldn't of been looked to kindly upon should it have all ended in tears. On grass I would of had no problem doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nah the worst was definitely when Gordon (I think it was) got snipered in the box. How a peno wasn't given I'll never know! :P

Dunno if it's the same incident but i got taken down by colly in the box for a stonewall peno after a nice move. Not the worst decision ever but in the top 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Dunno if it's the same incident but i got taken down by colly in the box for a stonewall peno after a nice move. Not the worst decision ever but in the top 5!

No I think he is referring to the incident where I managed to get horrifically taken down in the box without anyone seeing the culprit and then assuming I tripped myself up.

the offside decision was by far the worst there was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

shoutman wrote: »
    Grass pitch would be brilliant. I was thinking maybe someone could try to get a pitch in CYM in terenure, I passed it on the way to the pitch yesterday, I play rugby matches in their sometimes and they have a nice looking soccer pitch.

I think i'm definately more suited to grass, as on it my lunging style of soccer is better complimented. For jackyblacks goal I was tempted to try a lunge/swing my foot around to try and dislodge the ball before he shot, but felt that due to me hurting him in an earlier tackle it wouldn't of been looked to kindly upon should it have all ended in tears. On grass I would of had no problem doing it.

I will get you next time ye little fecker:p

Eh...anyone watching the boxing forum thread about the football match v us?

They are trying to get the Hyland brothers to play. All of them are fit as **** and Irish Champions to boot. This might be a seriously tough game we're getting into.

Eh...anyone watching the boxing forum thread about the football match v us?

They are trying to get the Hyland brothers to play. All of them are fit as **** and Irish Champions to boot. This might be a seriously tough game we're getting into.

I am gonna start a fight and then point in your direction and say he told me to do it.

I am gonna start a fight and then point in your direction and say he told me to do it.

Damn you...:mad:

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59163890&posted=1#post59163890

cross post...nothing like a bit of needle to build up the match

sorry Keith:P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59163890&posted=1#post59163890

cross post...nothing like a bit of needle to build up the match

sorry Keith:P

I don't mind so much setting me up but saying I would call someone a sissy???? Harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I don't mind so much setting me up but saying I would call someone a sissy???? Harsh

I better let them know that its the young centre half that called them that, not the fat baldy one :)

careca wrote: »
    I better let them know that its the young centre half that called them that, not the fat baldy one :)

Why the fúck am I getting strung up here?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Don't worry mate, we're all behind you. one in all in.

/must remember not to play that day, washing my hair

careca wrote: »
    Don't worry mate, we're all behind you. one in all in.

Poker puns...ugh

You seem the likey choice to go in the ring so to speak if it all kicks off:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement