Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I try to play centre mid. So if i'm around i'd give it a stint.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Frisbee wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into organising a pitch?

I can look into getting sports link if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I'll provisionally make myself available pending Rugby match being on that day too.
    I'll be your engine gaffer in the middle of the park if needed.

I'll provisionally make myself available pending Rugby match being on that day too.
    I'll be your engine gaffer in the middle of the park if needed.

Peer pressure works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Dub13 wrote: »
    I can look into getting sports link if you want.

Is that beside the ALSAA pitches if so please do

• Advertisement

Sportslink got back to me,its 120 euro and no charge if you need the flood lights she just said ring reception if you need them on.

Its an option anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just book it I say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Turns out I should actually be back in time for this.

90% sure.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just book it I say

Its not as simple as that,the whole northside V southside thing...we have to get the lads to agree to cross onto the good part of the city.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its not as simple as that,the whole northside V southside thing...we have to get the lads to agree to cross onto the good part of the city.

Just book it man. Field of Dreams rule is in application: If you book it they will come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

If you're stuck a la Johnny Knoxville i'll check on the availability of Ronan/Mark/Dave/Liam (same 4 mates as the very 1st time). Anyway just stick Jeff centre back and he'll make whoevers in goal look like van der Saar at the moment. Got a slight bit of Vidic about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

If you're stuck a la Johnny Knoxville i'll check on the availability of Ronan/Mark/Dave/Liam (same 4 mates as the very 1st time). Anyway just stick Jeff centre back and he'll make whoevers in goal look like van der Saar at the moment. Got a slight bit of Vidic about him!

Are you declaring your availability? Anyone from boards is welcome to post their interest - we look like we've plenty of numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm available.

Are you declaring your availability? Anyone from boards is welcome to post their interest - we look like we've plenty of numbers

Ricky, are you managing this team again?

If so, even though I am prefer CB and am probably better there, I will take one for the team and move aside for Jeff to slot in there. He is immense and I can slot in at LB or RB if needs be. Obviously, as you know, I might have pace issues out there but it's your call.

Just letting ya know in case you were fretting over breaking up the partnership me and Careca had.

Ricky, are you managing this team again?

If so, even though I am prefer CB and am probably better there, I will take one for the team and move aside for Jeff to slot in there. He is immense and I can slot in at LB or RB if needs be. Obviously, as you know, I might have pace issues out there but it's your call.

Just letting ya know in case you were fretting over breaking up the partnership me and Careca had.

Don't worry about stepping aside or anything - who says i was even going to pick you :D. I won't announce any team etc until a few days before the game and when its booked

Has anyone from the soccer forum booked a pitch yet? Who booked the pitch in Leinster Celtic last time?

Don't worry about stepping aside or anything - who says i was even going to pick you :D. I won't announce any team etc until a few days before the game and when its booked

True enough:rolleyes:

That said, the point stands. Jeff is an immense player at CB and CF so we have options there. I'll go where I am needed, be it bench or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

True enough:rolleyes:

That said, the point stands. Jeff is an immense player at CB and CF so we have options there. I'll go where I am needed, be it bench or wherever.

Good to see Theresa back.

Absolutely same as above. Kayroo, Jeff would be a super pairing. I have just as much experience as sitting on the bench as I have elsewhere :)

I don't want to make it easy for the gaffer though, so have played anywhere on left or even middle of park (cue guffaws of laughter).

careca wrote: »
    Absolutely same as above. Kayroo, Jeff would be a super pairing. I have just as much experience as sitting on the bench as I have elsewhere :)

I don't want to make it easy for the gaffer though, so have played anywhere on left or even middle of park (cue guffaws of laughter).

Cheers Neil.

Isn't it great to have these options though? That's the main thing, it just keeps making this group stronger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

someone book the grass pitch at sportslink already!!!

Grass pitch on northside is 100000 times more favourable than the astro at leicester celtic, and i live only a few mins for that pitch! Grass is the nutz (see, i can link this thread back to poker somehow).

I'm all for not playing centre mid!!:p

I think Frisbee was booking the same astro pitch - at least that way we're guaranteed the game.

We're nearly good enough to enter the league of Ireland :P

• Advertisement

We made the papers...

newspapermc3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Yeah i'll play if you're gonna pick me! If it's a Rafa-on-Robbie then i'm staying at Spurs (i.e. in bed with laptop). j/k. The jury is out after an inept showing last time, need a shot at redemption. :o

Yeah i'll play if you're gonna pick me! If it's a Rafa-on-Robbie then i'm staying at Spurs (i.e. in bed with laptop). j/k. The jury is out after an inept showing last time, need a shot at redemption. :o

I suppose it depends whether you're going to play like Robbie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

So you'll only come if your starting? What if you will come on as a sub?

Ricky should pick the strongest team possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

you still looking for players?

Play for jeffs team well did before oz but back now.if your stuck would like a game.

aodea wrote: »
    you still looking for players?

Play for jeffs team well did before oz but back now.if your stuck would like a game.

Anywhere can declare their interest. We're starting to build a decent squad here........

Where do you play?

R4AD - I can't confirm/deny you a starting place until closer to the time. I took your message to mean that you'd only come down if you play some part, not the whole match. Is this correct?

JBravado are you around for this?

Captain Semibluff are you around for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

was playing center mid before i went away but lacking fitness so fullback or wing maybe. am right footed but dont mind will fill in anywhere needed just want to play as much ball as possible to get fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

You home already Anto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

aodea wrote: »
    was playing center mid before i went away but lacking fitness so fullback or wing maybe. am right footed but dont mind will fill in anywhere needed just want to play as much ball as possible to get fit again.
    shoutman wrote: »
    You home already Anto?

he's back less than five minutes and im down 100 from a trip to the jackpot... anto sucks...

• Advertisement

ditpoker wrote: »
    he's back less than five minutes and im down 100 from a trip to the jackpot... anto sucks...

You played cash in the Jackpot? Exactly what did Anto have to suck to get you to do that???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement