Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

ditpoker wrote: »
    i also fully intend on injuring tribulus asap...

oh... and... left mid... LOL

Well if I can survive one of Lloyds tackles I'm not too worried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

careca wrote: »
    I think its a mix of both to be honest. Start with your best 11 and see how things go. If its tight, dont change things wholesale. If we are well up or well down then make the changes to give everyone a decent run/improve things. Its the age old problem, give everyone a run and keep them happy or play your best 11 and fcuk the begrudgers. As Jeff said, this isn't a league or a cup match, so I'd be guaranteeing everyone a run and I have no problem not starting or coming off.

For Ricky, I could play LF or LM if necessary.

I think thats reasonable enough. I guess I was a bit gung ho about it, I still think though that people who have been involved from the start should get preference to "run outs" if it comes down to it.

I dont for one second think everyone should get a run out, it depends on the nature of the game. I dont think Ricky should be pulling people off just because he feels obligated to get people on.

Jesus lads relax. Careca has the old nail on head there. We start with the best 11 and we see how things go. TBH I think we should do exactly what we did last time; give everyone the middle third at least and then if things are looking tight go back to the best XI and go from there. That way everyone is guaranteed at least 1/3 if not more as the subs roll on/off in the last third.

No point in us making things easy on the Soccer lads by arguing amongst ourselves. Also if Careca did go in LB and Jeff came in at CB that would sort out the balance issue as you push Kev up to LM where he really wants to play anyway.

EDIT*: That said, we shouldn't be bringing lads on for the sake of it. If it's 0-0 and tough at the end of the first period we only make subs as needed. It is only a bit of fun but if we're not out to win it then sure what's the point?

Gay edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

i dont mind sitting on the bench as i aint been around from the start i would imagine with it being a friendly and what not i think subs shud be geeting a run out but then ill be there anyway so dont really bother me.

Why will i be there i hear u ask? the idea of jeff playing left mid is just too good to miss!!!!

KK, Jeff seems to think he cant play left mid. With that info, I like Keiths Idea. Even if he does sit on fences.

Jeff CB
    Neil LB
    and move Kev to LW

• Advertisement

nah play jeff left mid if anything he is quick and u can just ding balls over the full backs or just use him as an option to relieve the pressure if you are under any. Plus i want to laugh at him being on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Guys while I appreciate the input and I appreciate your suggestions I will still be picking this team at the end of the day.

I'm not soccer retarded - I know the strengths of our team and our players and that includes Jeff.

Guys while I appreciate the input and I appreciate your suggestions I will still be picking this team at the end of the day.

I'm not soccer retarded - I know the strengths of our team and our players and that includes Jeff.

Being regularly retarded though has an effect on the whole soccer thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

So you'll only come if your starting? What if you will come on as a sub?

Ricky should pick the strongest team possible.

I'll try be there either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i remember back in the good old days, jumpers for goal posts, lads all chasing a muddy football, etc etc.... how about everyone who can play puts themselves forward to play, ricky then picks an 11 based on who turns up, and everyone gets a game?? how could this possibly be debatable??

ricky's doing everyone a favour by volunteering to organise the team, he doesnt need the extra head ache of having to keep ego's in check... we're not chelsea...

i remember back in the good old days, jumpers for goal posts, lads all chasing a muddy football, etc etc.... how about everyone who can play puts themselves forward to play, ricky then picks an 11 based on who turns up, and everyone gets a game?? how could this possibly be debatable??

ricky's doing everyone a favour by volunteering to organise the team, he doesnt need the extra head ache of having to keep ego's in check... we're not chelsea...

I would argue that picking the team is actually boosting rickys ego.:D

Also, I said I wont argue if everyone gets a game. careca's post sums up my feelings perfectly. If we are running away with it, then fine bring on Gordon ffs, I dont care. But if its tight. Everyone should be prepared to sit on the bench.

sorry gordon, too easy

If we are running away with it, then fine bring on Gordon ffs, I dont care.

Hey hey, it was close bringing him on at 10-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Ye go fcuk yourselves and all that

Trippie wrote: »
    Ye go fcuk yourselves and all that

lol.

Sorry Gordon.

lol.

Sorry Gordon.

Get off the fence Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I dont think Ricky should be pulling people off

If that's what he's into then go for it. We won't judge.

/snigger

• Registered Users Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    left mid suits you perfectly tbh. Get ball; get head down; kick ball ahead down touchline; run after it. Anything more cerebral and your weakness (lack of smarts) tend to be exposed.

He has a point Jeff. Also your tendency to shoot from ridiculous distances that only the absolute most retarded goalkeepers in the world would be beaten from is really annoying. Like shooting from 50-60 yards EVER works!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

He has a point Jeff. Also your tendency to shoot from ridiculous distances that only the absolute most retarded goalkeepers in the world would be beaten from is really annoying. Like shooting from 50-60 yards EVER works!!:rolleyes:

I think the keeper was the same size as me height wise in fairness

• Advertisement

I think the keeper was the same size as me height wise in fairness

Eh... Am I missing the joke here Fran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

lads be fair, unless Xavi is bringing Eto puyol and the rest of his team mates - i dont think all this talk of positions is needed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Eh... Am I missing the joke here Fran?

do i have to explain:rolleyes:..... Llyod being 6ft 5 and me 5ft 2 lol your sarcometer must be switched off:o

do i have to explain:rolleyes:..... Llyod being 6ft 5 and me 5ft 2 lol your sarcometer must be switched off:o

Jeez thank God. Must be on the fritz yeah. For a min I thought you missed me pointing out Lloyd's laughable attempt at goalkeeping:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sigh.

Ah I'm only messing mate. You gave it your all. That lob was pretty bad though ya big bear. (Christ I am doing it now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lloyd got lobbed again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

bohsman wrote: »
    Lloyd got lobbed again?

oh yes... very much so!! and guess by whom!!!?!?!

oh yes... very much so!! and guess by whom!!!?!?!

WAS IT JEFF. Lets face it he could get lobbed standing on the line in a five a side goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finally got through to this lad at about half 8 last night.

Pitch booked 4-6 on Sunday 22nd.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement