Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Yes, but thankfully no upper weight.

Im very disapointed Joe. You normally set a high standard for sharp wit retort. Although i saw were you were going with this, and the intended funny/connection with me, bit buried somewere in it . . . im doing my best not to post one the illfamous pictures. I think you get my point,

"Must try harder"

;)

Jayminator wrote: »
    I cant really see a ridiculous attitude in the above.

I feel like quoting that post in the SpencerJames thread about Darragh just being very blunt and coming across as rude...

Jay, if you read over the thread you'll notice that you are agreeing with everyone. Everyone agrees people should be getting time on the pitch. What the thing started over was how the subs were done and the attitude people should be approaching the game with.

Yes, it is a bit of fun but lets go out with a strong mental attitude to win and lets treat it seriously. It makes the whole game more fun if everyone is giving it a real go and mucking in and by everyone I mean EVERYONE, subs, starters, the lot.

Anyway, like Ricky said, we all agreed to leave it with him to sort out. The lads who've showed up for all the games will obv have a preference on the starting spots but people will get a run as the game flows and subs come on and off.

End of, let's let this one go eh Jay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/torres/

Is this semibluff..Anyone see a resemblence.. I hear ths Torres lad is quite good

End of, let's let this one go eh Jay?

No...jokin jokin

Ill take that one Jay!!! had alot worse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well i am not coming over to play if i dont get the full 90 mins:) obv joking
    Whilst i am very competitive we should try rotate the players through the game but do so in a controlled manner so we do not loose our shape. We made changes last time and lost our shape in midfield so we need to ensure we do not make 3/4 changes at once.

Looking forward to this and btw lets leave the team tactics to before the match Ricky:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

For the record - when LL and Kayroo were taking charge they posted team and tactics in the thread, a trend I wasn't going to continue, until I received numerous PM's and IM's asking me to post up tactics and team in the tread.

Jacky - you're starting in goals :)

Ricky i'm out unfortunately. Family commitment Sunday afternoon @ 5.30 so screws me.

Hi guys - I received contact from Chris (DBC) asking if he could play in this Sundays match with us. I personally don't have a problem with this but I would understand if anyone does.

If anyone has a problem with him coming down please post, if you have no problem don't post on the topic. I don't want this thread being derailed.

Later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Considering how annoying he is I don't see why he should be allowed to take part. I would be annoyed if I was a moderator and had to constantly clean up after his rubbish.

• Advertisement

Considering how annoying he is I don't see why he should be allowed to take part. I would be annoyed if I was a moderator and had to constantly clean up after his rubbish.

Fair enough.

To be fair to Chris he said if anyone objected he wouldn't play.

Agree. Its the poker forum. This guy is not a poster in the forum. It isnt due to any one instance. Its his own perogative. He's reached his own mecca as "the guy who keeps getting barred from the poker forum". I don't see why he should take part in this.

Just to add, ive had no personal run ins with the guy, but this is my opinion on it.

Nah it looks like we have enough players. Thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I wouldnt exclude anyone from anything to be honest. He isnt really a boardsie though is he, I mean, he doesnt post here.

He can come as far as Im concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Having seen the amoung of hassle he has caused on the site I for one would welcome the opportunity to break him up.

Actually, if his presence is gonna make for a change of atmosphere/spirit to last time, which it undoubtedly will, and not in a good way then I wouldnt want him coming. I dont think it will be good for the team as a whole if he comes if we cant come to a consensus on it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Having seen the amoung of hassle he has caused on the site I for one would welcome the opportunity to break him up.

Who aren't you gonna break up?

Who aren't you gonna break up?

Hmmmm good question. I have a yellow card to waste so I'll have to choose carefully! :pac:

I wouldnt exclude anyone from anything to be honest.
    Thanks for sharing your philosophy on life

He isnt really a boardsie though is he, I mean, he doesnt post here.

Ok, so you agree he shouldnt be playing?

He can come as far as Im concerned.
    eh . . .

thanks for clearing up your point of view steve

Revised list:

Kayroo (CB)
    Jackyback (R.MID)
    Tonc76 (RB)
    Careca (CB)
    Theresalwaysone (Def.Mid)
    Hectorjelly (FWD)
    Trippie (Where do you like playing?)
    Shoutman (Def/Mid)
    Kweeveen (LB)
    Semibluff (maybe) captain (definitely)
    DITpoker (GK, CB, CM, LW, FWD)
    Max Power (maybe) (CM)
    Requiem4adream (Where do you play?)
    aodea (CM)

Breifnie - are you available to play in goals again?

Guys this list gives us 4 subs assuming Breifnie plays. I still haven't heard from him, so I don't know his story.

Ricky, when you get time will you stick up the current squad. (edit LOL, wp ricky, great minds)

Donal, I was trying to stay on the fence. Did quite well too.

• Advertisement

yeh getn a keeper is vital. Otherwise in ya go Jeff! Breif did very well last game too

Ricky asked to see if anyone objected. NO fence sitters needed, ty! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Revised list:

Kayroo (CB)
    Jackyback (R.MID)
    Tonc76 (RB)
    Careca (CB)
    Theresalwaysone (Def.Mid)
    Hectorjelly (FWD)
    Trippie (Where do you like playing?)
    Shoutman (Def/Mid)
    Kweeveen (LB)
    Semibluff (maybe) captain (definitely)
    DITpoker (GK, CB, CM, LW, FWD)
    Max Power (maybe) (CM)
    Requiem4adream (Where do you play?)
    aodea (CM)

Breifnie - are you available to play in goals again?

Guys this list gives us 4 subs assuming Breifnie plays. I still haven't heard from him, so I don't know his story.

Forgetting yourself Ricky?

Have yis got a decent ball btw? Don't want one of them Champion Sports 5 euro wind blowers.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Have yis got a decent ball btw? Don't want one of them Champion Sports 5 euro wind blowers.

I think we'll need numerous balls, as they tend to get lost during this game. Maybe if you can organise a good one from your gang, I'll organise one for us and we can charge everyone an extra €1.5 - €2 for a good ball. I'm sure they'll be a sh1te ball or 2 lying around the place on the day as well.
    Trippie wrote: »
    Forgetting yourself Ricky?

I'm not that important.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Roy_Carroll.jpg

wooo goalkeeper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fairly sure Breifne is available.

bohsman wrote: »
    Fairly sure Breifne is available.

Confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Confirmed

:(

ditpoker wrote: »
    :(

Why did you want to play in goals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Done something strange to my ankle tonight in 5 a side will let you know later in the week if i am ok for Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement