Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

semibluff wrote: »
    Im very disapointed Joe. You normally set a high standard for sharp wit retort. Although i saw were you were going with this, and the intended funny/connection with me, bit buried somewere in it . . . im doing my best not to post one the illfamous pictures. I think you get my point,

"Must try harder"

;)

It was directed at Jay?

Also I am available for this, and will turn up, you can slot me into right mid/striker if you liike. If I'm too late it's cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Take 3

Chopster
    Kayroo (CB)
    Jackyback (R.MID)
    Tonc76 (RB)
    Careca (CB)
    Theresalwaysone (Def.Mid)
    Hectorjelly (FWD)
    Trippie (Where do you like playing?)
    Shoutman (Def/Mid)
    Kweeveen (LB)
    Semibluff (maybe) captain (definitely)
    DITpoker (GK, CB, CM, LW, FWD)
    Max Power (maybe) (CM)
    Requiem4adream (Where do you play?)
    aodea (CM)
    GL2M
    Breifnie

That gives us 17 and I have to close it off here.

Take 3

Chopster
    Kayroo (CB)
    Jackyback (R.MID)
    Tonc76 (RB)
    Careca (CB)
    Theresalwaysone (Def.Mid)
    Hectorjelly (FWD)
    Trippie (Where do you like playing?)
    Shoutman (Def/Mid)
    Kweeveen (LB)
    Semibluff (maybe) captain (definitely)
    DITpoker (GK, CB, CM, LW, FWD)
    Max Power (maybe) (CM)
    Requiem4adream (Where do you play?)
    aodea (CM)
    GL2M
    Breifnie

That gives us 17 and I have to close it off here.

The Soccer forum have only got 12 apparently. KaG and Frisbee dropped out due to injury and work respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I post a bit on the Soccer forum too so I don't mind playing for either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I think 17 is too many anyone else agree?

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    I post a bit on the Soccer forum too so I don't mind playing for either side.
    I think 17 is too many anyone else agree?

I think if Shoutman went over that would make it just about right. 4 subs is what we had last time so 5 would be ok and they are all high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just to let you know where we're at -

Galvasean, KaG and Frisbee have all dropped out. Des has a mate who wants to play and we've also recruited PCPhoto giving us 13 in total.

I dropped a post in the GAA forum to see if any of them wanted a kick about but no replies yet. Ideally we'd like 15/16 players like yourselves so we should get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i've been approached by the soccer forum following my "ditpoker volunteers to be a turncoat bastard" post. If poker has 17, and soccer have 11, and poker won 10-2 last time out, i think i'll jump ship and play for the soccer forum if they want me. Seems the most logical approach to me?? or am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ditpoker wrote: »
    i've been approached by the soccer forum following my "ditpoker volunteers to be a turncoat bastard" post. If poker has 17, and soccer have 11, and poker won 10-2 last time out, i think i'll jump ship and play for the soccer forum if they want me. Seems the most logical approach to me?? or am i wrong?

thats a paddling

ditpoker wrote: »

Well I personally saw you as a direct replacement for Sam i.e. our visionary. I'd like you to stick with the poker forum, that goes for all the first 11 from last time.

If any newbies want to play with the soccer forum that is understandable as I won't be starting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just to let you know where we're at -

Galvasean, KaG and Frisbee have all dropped out. Des has a mate who wants to play and we've also recruited PCPhoto giving us 13 in total.

I dropped a post in the GAA forum to see if any of them wanted a kick about but no replies yet. Ideally we'd like 15/16 players like yourselves so we should get that.

If the soccer forum want a player for 15-20 minutes, I can play for them, I've been struggling with a recurring ankle injury ( I know, I know old age ) So my fitness is knocked back again, I think I can last 15/20 minutes up front or in midfield. Word of warning the 40 age bracket has been breached so chance of heart failure is high.
    Let me know if yer stuck.
    When this shenaginans is sorted, how about a one day knockout 5 aside tourny comprised of players from both forums.
    We need a Tony Flushdraw type to organise it though.

Well I personally saw you as a direct replacement for Sam i.e. our visionary. I'd like you to stick with the poker forum, that goes for all the first 11 from last time.

If any newbies want to play with the soccer forum that is understandable as I won't be starting them.

Agree with this 100%.

We now have 3-4 first team players from the last time that are 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Lads will there be pints after the game?

Been chattin to Mr. Pillow Talk and he kindly offered to put up a free drink for everyone after the match in "MacNeills" on Capel Street. This offer is also extended to all on the soccer forum team too (and the ref ;) ) if someone else wants to cross post. Nice pub and centrally located for any potential festivitites after the social "One".

Sound good?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

semibluff wrote: »
    Lads will there be pints after the game?

Been chattin to Mr. Pillow Talk and he kindly offered to put up a free drink for everyone after the match in "MacNeills" on Capel Street. This offer is also extended to all on the soccer forum team too (and the ref ;) ) if someone else wants to cross post. Nice pub and centrally located for any potential festivitites after the social "One".

Sound good?

Sounds great. Ye need a magic-sponge man, Donal? That would make me part of the "team", right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Will have to chat with the Gaffer - but i think you may be the perfect man for the Job Ken

kpnuts wrote: »
    Sounds great. Ye need a magic-sponge man, Donal? That would make me part of the "team", right? ;)

Stick him in Gaffer every team needs a "magic sponge man"

kpnuts wrote: »

Done

For extra pints - can you do oranges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Done

For extra pints - can you do oranges?

Jaffa cakes are the way to go I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Frisbee wrote: »
    Finally got through to this lad at about half 8 last night.

Pitch booked 4-6 on Sunday 22nd.

:)

What pitch exactly are we playing at?

tonc76 wrote: »
    What pitch exactly are we playing at?

Same one as last time

Be there at 3:30 for a warm up and to find out positions and formation.

Could everyone bring a red top to wear, if they have a spare red top bring that also.

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 15 players that's 8 each.

The starting 11 will be the following:

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback/Requiem4adream (depending if Fran is fit)
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Theresalwaysone/Max Power (depending if Steve comes)
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)/aodea (depending if Donal comes)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    Requiem4adream (depending on Fran)
    Max Power (depending on Steve)
    aodea (depending on Donal)
    Trippie
    GL2M (where do you play?)

Shoutman (possibly defected)

Fit and good to go ankle is fine

Prusuming the soccer forum turn up I'd assume they'll be contributing to the cost??

Or are we paying their share for the pleasure of destroying them? :pac:

tonc76 wrote: »
    Prusuming the soccer forum turn up I'd assume they'll be contributing to the cost??

Or are we paying their share for the pleasure of destroying them? :pac:

Well the pitch and lights were 180 last time and they are also going to be bringing a ball. So the cost above is our share

Well the pitch and lights were 180 last time and they are also going to be bringing a ball. So the cost above is our share

Good stuff

If everyone remembers to have your standing leg beside the ball and lean forward when kicking we should have a ball left at the end of it :pac:

Promoted to vice captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ok I've rugby match rescheduled for Sunday afternoon in Naas so won't be attending, good luck though.

• Advertisement

My match Saturday just got called off as a mark of respect for the club chairman's father passing away so I'll be fresh as a daisy for this match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement