Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum vs. Soccer Forum, Sun 22nd February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Best of luck to the poker forum on Sunday....I'm away this weekend so can't put my name forward (not that I would get on the team by the looks of things).... ....

For future reference I'll throw my hat in the ring to go in goal. I'm fairly halfway kinda decent in nets and am happy to play a half or two (especially if you are stuck).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

just to let everyone know - I should have a reporter and photographer there covering the game (for the Star) - worst case I will photo it from the bench....see you all Sunday !!!

Be there at 3:30 for a warm up and to find out positions and formation.

Could everyone bring a red top to wear, if they have a spare red top bring that also.

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 15 players that's 8 each.

The starting 11 will be the following:

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback/Requiem4adream (depending if Fran is fit)
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Theresalwaysone/Max Power (depending if Steve comes)
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)/aodea (depending if Donal comes)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    Requiem4adream (depending on Fran)
    Max Power (depending on Steve)
    aodea (depending on Donal)
    Trippie
    GL2M (where do you play?)

Shoutman (possibly defected)

I thought I was in the squad - from the soccer players match discussions group thingy ..... either way - will be there with football gear and camera gear.

my mistake .... just realised thats the poker team ..... see you all sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i should be there sunday. Have training sunday morning - kept hinting towards as early as possible, so we're training 10 in the morning.

We on for beers after it lads?? Steve has to redeem himself after last time me thinks.

(anyone from the forum here who cant play or make it to the game, is more than welcome to join us in MacNeills after it, bout 6/30/7)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

sorry lads won't be able to make it. Forgot its my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Could everyone bring a red top to wear, if they have a spare red top bring that also.

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 13 players that's €9.50 each.

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Theresalwaysone/Aodeo (depending if Steve comes)
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    Requiem4adream (don't know if he's coming)
    Trippie

Shoutman (possibly defected)[/QUOTE]

So we have maximum 4 subs - but it looks more like we're going to have 2 subs.

Is anyone else available for tomorrow at 3.30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

myself and aodea will 100% be there! see you at 3.30...

now to find a red jersey!!?!!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

see when u support coventry red jerseys aint often around mmmm i guess ill find sumin.

You do know DBC genuinely wants a shot in this game right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

The cost of the game is 95 for the pitch and 25 for a ball (I had 2 balls lost on me last time) totalling 120. Assuming 13 players that's €9.50 each.

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    Requiem4adream (don't know if he's coming)
    Trippie

Shoutman (possibly defected)

So we have maximum 4 subs - but it looks more like we're going to have 2 subs.

Is anyone else available for tomorrow at 3.30?

i'll be there

Not sure who you mean R4aD. But yeh do come, we def need the numbers, you will play for atleast half the game, as will everyone else.

You do know DBC genuinely wants a shot in this game right?

I have no objections to him coming along. However from what others have said it would change the good vibes. A lot from both the poker and soccer forum seem to be against it also.........
    semibluff wrote: »
    Not sure who you mean R4aD. But yeh do come, we def need the numbers, you will play for atleast half the game, as will everyone else.

I agree I'd like R4aD to come too, but only if he grows up a little and stops complaining about everything.

R4aD where do you play? I'm assuming winger from the once I have seen you.

Just rang a friend of mine, he's well up for the game aswell. Decent player, left winger/forward.

Just rang a friend of mine, he's well up for the game aswell. Decent player, left winger/forward.

Well we definitely have 12, with Steve and R4aD that would make 14.

He might be useful to bring along though in case either team is short. If we have 14 I couldn't guarantee anything however.

Bring him along Donal, every extra body counts. Just bear in mind poker regs should still get game time preference.

Well we definitely have 12, with Steve and R4aD that would make 14.

He might be useful to bring along though in case either team is short. If we have 14 I couldn't guarantee anything however.

Steve is about a 90% chance of a no-show tbh

I have no objections to him coming along. However from what others have said it would change the good vibes. A lot from both the poker and soccer forum seem to be against it also.........

I agree I'd like R4aD to come too, but only if he grows up a little and stops complaining about everything.

R4aD where do you play? I'm assuming winger from the once I have seen you.

right mid/left mid/up front.

Irony alert right there!

yeah i play like right/left wing/up front generally. I doubt gholi would wanna sit on that bench either. i'll see. ipod might do the trick.

What has gholi got to do with the price of butter?

I am assuming R4aD is not coming: (in response to me saying he's being more trouble than DBC)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ill play if youre stuck for numbers, was looking like 17+ players with no subs getting game time so wasnt bothered.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Ill play if youre stuck for numbers, was looking like 17+ players with no subs getting game time so wasnt bothered.

We are looking like 13/14 now so if you wanna come I'll pick you up at 2:45 at the same place as last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

No offense danny but get over yourself. I see you're still a bit bitter over the whole thing anyway. Sign up for the soccer forum if ya and you'll get a crack at me then

Chopper
    Kayroo (vice captain)
    Jackyback
    Tonc76
    Careca
    Hectorjelly
    Kweeveen
    Semibluff (captain)
    DITpoker
    Breifnie

Subs
    Trippie
    Bohsman

Trippie wrote: »
    No offense danny but get over yourself

I asked a couple people i respect they say you're a decent fella. You'll remain an absolute twat in my eyes until proven otherwise.

Anyone going to this from maynooth/celbridge direction?

well am i telling him to come or not? I understand the regs get the preference, thats no problem. Looks like R4aD is out?? Steve out??? ive training that morning too, wont be fit for full game. 15/16 players would be perfect.

If he aint getn a game at all, i wont tell him to come. ricky go into facebook for a sec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I asked a couple people i respect they say you're a decent fella. You'll remain an absolute twat in my eyes until proven otherwise.

Well in fairness you really dont need me to make a public show of yourself

Anyone going to this from maynooth/celbridge direction?

Look man, I don't know you but I do know Trippie just to state my bias. Regardless of your personal animosity towards him the way I see it you have 2 choices:

Either get over it and shut up about it so we can play as a team and Ricky doesn't have to worry about you 2 on the line when we are trying to win a game or stay bitter and stay at home.

Look, I know you are clearly annoyed at what happened between ye and frankly I don't know enough about it to comment but can we just play a game of football, have a laugh and let this **** slide? Life is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

TEAM MORALE IN ROCK BOTTOM SHOCKER

:rolleyes:

On the plus side Tribulus had a full game today, so he will be knackered for the soccer forum tomorrow.
    On the negative side I had a full game today, so I will be knackered for the poker forum tomorrow.

6-3 Poker victory predicted.

• Advertisement

well am i telling him to come or not? I understand the regs get the preference, thats no problem. Looks like R4aD is out?? Steve out??? ive training that morning too, wont be fit for full game. 15/16 players would be perfect.

If he aint getn a game at all, i wont tell him to come. ricky go into facebook for a sec

Definitely bring him, we'll need fresh legs everywhere for 30 mins a man minimum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement