Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Dungarvan

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Heading to Dungarvan in a few months, looking for a hotel in the town itself as opposed to outside it. Any ideas? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Lawlor's Hotel is in the town. The Park Hotel is only about a five minute walk (just beyond the N25. Other than that (Clonea and the Gold Coast are a few miles out) you're looking at B&Bs or guesthouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

The park hotel is a nicer hotel to Lawlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Lawlor's has been decorated, the lobby is actually nice now. Can't vouch for the bedrooms though. The dining room was busy the night I was in there aswell but again I have no idea what their food is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

The Park Hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

the park hotel is probably your best bet, lawlors is a bit of a dive IMO!

and when your walking back from a night club to the park, you DON'T have to walk through the town which would be a big plus for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Eh? One night club is about 100 yards from Lawlors, the other is over the causeway. Neither walk brings you trough the town.

the club which is 100yards away from lawlors if full of filth....
    the other club, you'd have to walk the causeway....and as fas as the post office....dungarvan at that time of night isn't a nice place to be if ya ask me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

eeloe wrote: »
    the club which is 100yards away from lawlors if full of filth....
    the other club, you'd have to walk the causeway....and as fas as the post office....dungarvan at that time of night isn't a nice place to be if ya ask me!

LOL I didnt' think the town was that bad on a weekend night, it must be turning into Fort Apache the Bronx on a weekend night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

what kind of a pussy is eeloe?, the towns grand you'll only get trouble if you go lookin for it!!

Park Hotel is nicer alrite but dont expect too much, all hotels in the area are 3 star at best and thats coming from a degree educated Hotel Manager. Service Levels apalling, Interior dated (apart from The Park, like the lobby at least), food average, no attention to detail.

But if your looking for a place to put the head down they all suffice!

• Advertisement

MGilly84 wrote: »
    what kind of a pussy is eeloe?, from a degree educated Hotel Manager. !

I definately don't know anyone working in any of the hotels going by the name of Gilly....so it's nice to see you degree got you a job!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

I Never said small 3 star hotels in Fungarvan, I wouldnt lower myself, it'd ruin my CV!

Advertisement