Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KLG Tarmac - Kildare Laois Galway Tarmac

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here ever heard of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

1st time I've ever replied to my own post! Original question may have been shill sounding.

Maybe I should have asked if anybody has any experience dealing with them and what the outcome was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Do they have a business premises, do they have a landline number, if the answer to either of these is no then avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please explain how this is a consumer issue? Otherwise, I will move the thread to a more appropriate forum.

dudara

Will do. I was being very careful upto now so as not to taint anyones' opinion. And of course not to say anything I shouldn't.

As a consumer I say be very careful.

Turns out the postal address and landline number has nothing to do with KLG. It's provided by a third party who just answer the phones. Post may not even get to KLG.

In my experience if you have a problem they will not call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Sounds very similar to an outfit that were based in Cavan a while back - knew someone who got a very good price, demanded (threateningly, to a man in his 70's) to be paid in cash before the job was finished, and could never be contacted afterwards when they didn't finish the job completely. If they don't have an address, beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There's a lot of cowboy Tarmac company's out there, who call with the line "We did a job down the road and have some have some left over and we can do a tarmac your drive for cheap" but they have no business details and want cash only.

I know someone who was done this way I think there letters were QLG. Same company employees were caught stealing things from a local hardware the same day. The job was a disaster and after a week the drive started raveling.

Best thing to do is make sure they put things down in writing for quotes and work and check their vat number.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

More Music wrote: »
    Will do. I was being very careful upto now so as not to taint anyones' opinion. And of course not to say anything I shouldn't.

As a consumer I say be very careful.

Turns out the postal address and landline number has nothing to do with KLG. It's provided by a third party who just answer the phones. Post may not even get to KLG.

In my experience if you have a problem they will not call back.

It's not enough to suggest. We will not allow you to mention this company in a bad light without providing supporting evidence. Please elaborate on the issue in a fair and equitable manner or I will have to lock the thread.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mind you I had a perfectly sound bunch of tar and grit ( not tarmac) layers around last year . I let it run to see how the neighbours pans out in a few years but not everyone who calls is rubbish, they are often genuinely in the area .

I may well call them this summer .

I didn't suggest anything. I did say that in my experience they have not come back to recitfy the problems.

This thread is no different than somebody coming on here and saying they are unhappy with 02, UPC or eircom.

Facts:

* KLG or anything like it is not a registered Irish company.
    * Their phone number and postal address is provided by a third party.
    * I am not happy with the service provided and they will not call back to rectify it.

That's all I'm going to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement