Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks button image missing?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, first of all if this is in the wrong place, I apologise lots..

Anyways, I have noticed over the last few days that the image for the thanks button has gone missing, and has been replaced with that stupid image missing type picture instead...

I don't know whether it's all over boards or just for me, but that non-image image annoys me so i said I'd post...

For what it's worth I use the Purple theme on the forums, and use Chrome as my browser...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The update might have borked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

This happened to me a while ago (couple of months I reckon) but I thought it was just my browser being a bastid. I don't have the thumb button, just the word thanks underlined like a link.

Using ff3 and the evil skin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

i get stuff like that too, when using different themes, like the black theme

eolhc wrote: »
    i get stuff like that too, when using different themes, like the black theme

Good call, it works for me on the cloud theme actually so it must be something to do with that.

Think I'll stick with the evil theme though, worth the lack of a thumb for the red and black (shuddup, it matches my avatar :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's missing on the hollow'een skin as well, it's never bothered me tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No "Thanks" to you?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Enjoy your frankenstein skins!

CuLt did you tweak something cos thanks seems to be missing all together now on the hollow'een skin ?

edit:
    Ah there's the thank function back and with the button, cheers.

Edit: and it's gone again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thaedydal wrote: »
    CuLt did you tweak something cos thanks seems to be missing all together now on the hollow'een skin ?

edit:
    Ah there's the thank function back and with the button, cheers.

Edit: and it's gone again.
    Your daily quota is up, Thaed, that's all.

• Advertisement

SteveC wrote: »
    Your daily quota is up, Thaed, that's all.

but I haven't thanked really anyone today... wait unless it starts at midnight,
    bugger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thaedydal wrote: »
    but I haven't thanked really anyone today... wait unless it starts at midnight,
    bugger.
    It's a rolling 24 hour period as fas as I know.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/post_thanks.php?do=findthanks_user_gave&u=8967
    You thanked lots of people yesterday / last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

orestes wrote: »
    This happened to me a while ago (couple of months I reckon) but I thought it was just my browser being a bastid. I don't have the thumb button, just the word thanks underlined like a link.

Using ff3 and the evil skin btw

I use the evil skin and it has never had the thanks button image. Same with tags - it's always been that annoying little red x in the white box (whatever it's called)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭-mcguire-

Maybe im blind, but where is the thanks button??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

-mcguire- wrote: »
    Maybe im blind, but where is the thanks button??

You don't get one till you hit a certain number of posts as far as I know, I think it's 20 or 25 or somewhere around that.When you do it will be in the bottom right hand corner of every post on a thread beside the edit, quote and quick-reply buttons.

You don't get one till you hit a certain number of posts as far as I know, I think it's 20 or 25 or somewhere around that.When you do it will be in the bottom right hand corner of every post on a thread beside the edit, quote and quick-reply buttons.
    Correct, minimum 10 posts for thanks as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭-mcguire-

Thanks to all those replys.. That explains its absence.. Sorry guys, am new to this!! Might see a few more stupid questions up by me over the coming weeks. :D

Thanks to all those replys.. That explains its absence.. Sorry guys, am new to this!! Might see a few more stupid questions up by me over the coming weeks. :D

No such thing as a stupid question dude, ask away if you have a question any time and we'll be more than happy to answer if we can :)

Welcome to boards by the way, have fun

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No such thing as a stupid question dude

I once had someone who asked me how to spell IRA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dunno if you can still use the "I'm a noob" card after joining nearly three years ago :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You might be as well off posting some or all of those queries on the newbies/FAQ forum. It's not just for noobs. Up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

[Please don't flame me] Is this the type of question that would belong in Helpdesk? [/Please don't flame me]

Also it's useful/helpful to report issues/bugs in the Development forum - doesn't get as much traffic as Feedback but less extra noise posts and it's (re)viewed by CuLT .....

...I think....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've noticed the pac smiley's been missing for a few days on the Cloud theme.

It is what it's.

Advertisement