Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning "Run" on piano.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm trying to learn "Run" by Snow Patrol (and now Leona Lewis) on piano, but failing miserably.

My usual haven for such things is Youtube, but I was suprised to find a lack of decent tutorials on there.

It seems a lot of people on there don't sing, but instead play the melody of the vocals piano. That's not what I'm looking for. I want to play it as it's played in the actual songs (either one), and sing along myself.

I did find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHklpMWQ4I - but after learning to play the bits shown, it turns out it doesnt fit in with the song at all after the intro.

FYI, I'm by no means a pro. I teach myself a few easy songs when I get a chance, and have no musical training. I just do it for fun.

Would really apreciate if anyone could help me out here, with at least the correct chords to match the song, allowing me to sing along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not a whole lot of chords in it!

A minor and G for the verses
    C, G, A minor F for the chorus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong then... I've been trying to sing the verses.

As for how long I've been playing... I got my keyboard about a year ago and have rather lazily just picked up a few things whenever the mood suited. So I am very much so a beginner. Although I have been trying to learn more this year... somewhat of a new years resolution, if you will...

I'll keep looking around.

Advertisement