Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - The Rematch (Sun Feb 22nd, Leicester Celtic, Kick Off: 4pm)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lads I'm holding off puttIng anyone else down for this as at the moment we have a definite 13 and a very good chance of a 16.
    imo 5 subs will be too much as I CANT GUARANTEE THE SUBS GAME TIME AS WE'LL BE GOING WITH OUR STRONGEST TEAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Frisbee, just to add to my previous post.....if you don't manage to fill out your 16-man squad, I'm more than happy to be a sub (since my own fitness is quite poor). Im actually comfortable playing emergency targetman (in a Gary Doc kinda way) if there's last minute pull-out / emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Let my 1st post in the soccer forum be a congratulating one for you guys putting yourselfs through this again:pac: I hope your LM/LB have their running shoes on:D

Looking forward to the rematch

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I just want to give everybody in here a heads up,I am I am in the early stages of organizing the Irishkop.com 5 a side football tournament for 09.Its ran off on the one day and is done in a champions league format with groups etc etc.

You don't have to be a Liverpool fan to play last years winning team had 2 man utd fans on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nice one Dub13. why dont we submit a couple of teams from the current 'squad', i'd be up for it if the dates suit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Dub13 wrote: »
    I just want to give everybody in here a heads up,I am I am in the early stages of organizing the Irishkop.com 5 a side football tournament for 09.Its ran off on the one day and is done in a champions league format with groups etc etc.

You don't have to be a Liverpool fan to play last years winning team had 2 man utd fans on the team.

Any indication of the standard of teams at this. I am a member but post rarely due to net restrictions at work. I would prob be able to put in a team and travel down from Dundalk. But we wouldn't be ex-LOI players or anything like that. Just don't think it would be too enjoyable to get stuffed in evry game 10-0!!

Sorry for hi-jacking ur thread Frisbee. I would love to have played for soccer forum but i couldn't have guaranteed my prescence. Play loads of football and keep fit (well as fit as a smoker can be!) so maybe in the future i might make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Irregular soccer forum poster but I'd be up for this if you need cover. Des will tell you what my best position. Though he might also say, you can't play LR because we've a game that Tuesday. He's a prick like that sometimes ;)

ibh wrote: »
    Any indication of the standard of teams at this. I am a member but post rarely due to net restrictions at work. I would prob be able to put in a team and travel down from Dundalk. But we wouldn't be ex-LOI players or anything like that. Just don't think it would be too enjoyable to get stuffed in evry game 10-0!!

Sorry for hi-jacking ur thread Frisbee. I would love to have played for soccer forum but i couldn't have guaranteed my prescence. Play loads of football and keep fit (well as fit as a smoker can be!) so maybe in the future i might make it.

The standard is ok,certainly no ex LOL players.The team that won it last year were just a bunch of mates and it was there first time playing as a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

The standard is ok,certainly no ex LOL players.The team that won it last year were just a bunch of mates and it was there first time playing as a team.

Good stuff. Should have a decent enough team (as in, we might not lose every game!) to go down for a bit of craic. Only problem is there'll be a Toon fan with us so he probably cause a punch up or a complete disintegration of any team play!! Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

i played in this last year i think...out in talla was it? one of me mates called me about 8am to go playing after a nite in hogans on the beer. well organised, think we lost in 1/4's, cant remember as i play in alot of these tournaments.

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    i played in this last year i think...out in talla was it? one of me mates called me about 8am to go playing after a nite in hogans on the beer. well organised, think we lost in 1/4's, cant remember as i play in alot of these tournaments.

Yea that was the one,we are trying to get the same spot again for this years one.We had a great turn out last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Has anyone booked a pitch? Who booked Leinster Celtic last time?

Has anyone booked a pitch? Who booked Leinster Celtic last time?

I did.
    Are people ok with playing there again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Have a word with Dub13 and make sure he hasn't booked that place by the airport. Either is good, just get it booked asap so everyone knows.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I did.
    Are people ok with playing there again?

I am anyway, excellent pitch. That said did you ask is there any chance of getting into the changing rooms this time?

• Advertisement

I am anyway, excellent pitch. That said did you ask is there any chance of getting into the changing rooms this time?

Will do.
    I'll ask Dub13 what the story is about that pitch.

Will do.
    I'll ask Dub13 what the story is about that pitch.

Fire away I have not booked anything yet,I just got a price as a back up.

Fire away I have not booked anything yet,I just got a price as a back up.

Well I'll book it as long as people have no problem playing there again?

Well I'll book it as long as people have no problem playing there again?

I know all the poker guys will be delighted if you booked this one again.

I know all the poker guys will be delighted if you booked this one again.

I'll ring tomorrow then so

• Advertisement

We made the papers...

newspapermc3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Yea that was the one,we are trying to get the same spot again for this years one.We had a great turn out last year.
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but when is this on and how do you enter a team?

bobbyg wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but when is this on and how do you enter a team?

Not sure yet as I said we are only in the early stages of organizing this,we were meant to meet Monday night but the bad weather meant we had to put it off.I will post a thread on it and it will be in my siganture once I have more info.

You Legend Dub

I'll ring tomorrow then so

Did you book this?

We made the papers...

newspapermc3.jpg

When they did the match report on the original match they did a player ratings section but only from the midfield up.

The back 4 and the goalkeeper were all rated in the obituaries section.

Roll on the rematch.

Did you book this?

Sorry, havent had a chance.

Tomorrow, I swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The back 4 and the goalkeeper were all rated in the obituaries section.

ouch.

Can I get in on this or what? Posted a few weeks ago and no reply. Seeing as you seem to be lacking in players that is given the margin of defeat the last time ;)

Sorry, havent had a chance.

Tomorrow, I swear

Booked?

• Advertisement

Booked?

Pending

Still waiting to hear back from the guy.
    The website says it's free at that time but the guy just wants to make 100% sure.
    I'll let yous know as soon as I do.

janets - CM
    colly10 - RB
    dfx- - GK
    Galvasean - RB/CB
    BastardP - CB
    Kiith - ST
    Voltwad - LB/LM
    Santry Red - GK
    Xavi6 - CM/CB
    Dub13 - CB
    tribulus - LM
    Kag - CM
    mayordenis - will play where needs must, aka Gary Doherty

Frisbee - AM
    SuprSi - RM
    Iago - ST

This is what I have from last I heard. Everyone still available?
    Iago and SuprSi can you confirm whether or not your available yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Glad to be back for this. Give you guys another whopping.

I'm in for this anyway.

Anyone fancy a 5-a-side between now and then as a bit of pre-game thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sorry Cill, I'm going to have to drop out of this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

would be very interested in playing this (if theres room for another bench member)

was a fairly decent defender in my day and reckon I still have some of it - from last result defence could do with reinforcement.

if not added to the panel I assume its ok to turn up on the day and watch. (what time is kick off ?)

janets - CM
    colly10 - RB
    dfx- - GK
    Galvasean - RB/CB
    BastardP - CB
    Kiith - ST
    Voltwad - LB/LM
    Santry Red - GK
    Xavi6 - CM/CB
    Dub13 - CB
    tribulus - LM
    Kag - CM

Frisbee - AM
    Iago - ST

PCPhoto wrote: »
    would be very interested in playing this (if theres room for another bench member)

was a fairly decent defender in my day and reckon I still have some of it - from last result defence could do with reinforcement.

if not added to the panel I assume its ok to turn up on the day and watch. (what time is kick off ?)

Looks like we could have drop outs so give Frisbee a PM.

Have we a pitch yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

janets - CM
    colly10 - RB
    dfx- - GK
    Galvasean - RB/CB
    BastardP - CB
    Kiith - ST
    Voltwad - LB/LM
    Santry Red - GK
    Xavi6 - CM/CB
    Dub13 - CB
    tribulus - LM
    Kag - CM

Frisbee - AM
    Iago - ST

I'm at the United game that weekend. Told you that weeks ago. Still gutted to be missing it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Would it be fair to say that we actually have a weaker team than we did in the first match? Like Janets and Si are definitely out, Frisbee and Iago are unconfirmed. All these would be guarenteed starters and were our better performers in the first match imo.
    It maybe worth looking at some of the players that we didn't have the last day, finding out who they play/used to play for/what level they played at, I think we need them tbh.
    I know LeixlipRed plays for Boardeaux, i've played them before and there a good side so id imagine he'd be a good addition, im sure theres plenty of quality interested

colly10 wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that we actually have a weaker team than we did in the first match? Like Janets and Si are definitely out, Frisbee and Iago are unconfirmed. All these would be guarenteed starters and were our better performers in the first match imo.
    It maybe worth looking at some of the players that we didn't have the last day, finding out who they play/used to play for/what level they played at, I think we need them tbh.
    I know LeixlipRed plays for Boardeaux, i've played them before and there a good side so id imagine he'd be a good addition, im sure theres plenty of quality interested

I'm 90% atm.
    Our Quarter Final is scheduled for this Sunday so if we win they wont play the semi only a week later.
    I have a few people on the waiting list who I'll get in touch with now

colly10 wrote: »

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Xavi6 wrote: »
    *cough*

*cough* *cough*

*triple cough snot thing*

Check the match social group lads.

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote: »
    Check the match social group lads.

How do I do that?

How do I do that?

Frisbee will give you access.

From the names confirmed so far we'd be looking at a team along the lines of -

dfx/SantryRed

Colly10
    Dub13/BastardPrince/Galvasean
    Voltwad

LeixlipRed
    Xavi6
    KaG
    tribulus

Kiith
    mayordenis

Very, very thin squad. 10 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers is going to win us fuck all. IMO we need another 5 players to go with the above.

Our right back needs to be very quick strong and fit, preferably big as well!

Definitely need some more players. For such a popular forum there's very few volunteers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I would almost pay to fly over and play. grrr :(

tribulus wrote: »
    Our right back needs to be very quick strong and fit, preferably big as well!

Apparently Colly10 was MOM during the last match and impressed everyone so no problems there.
    Definitely need some more players. For such a popular forum there's very few volunteers.

Yeah bit surprising alright. There's one or two maybes but at this stage that's no use tbh. The game's in less than 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement