Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - The Rematch (Sun Feb 22nd, Leicester Celtic, Kick Off: 4pm)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Frisbee will give you access.

A spy? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jaysis just realised that. The feckin snake! Don't give him access!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Feck, I would love to play in this game, but am almost certain I would not be able to get that Sunday off work:( ...why don't ye play this Sunday?...cos I'm off work:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Frisbee will give you access.

From the names confirmed so far we'd be looking at a team along the lines of -

dfx/SantryRed

Colly10
    Dub13/BastardPrince/Galvasean
    Voltwad

A N Other
    Xavi6
    KaG
    tribulus

Kiith
    mayordenis

Very, very thin squad. 10 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers is going to win us fuck all. IMO we need another 5 players to go with the above.

I've posted about 10 times saying I wanted to play. Wtf lads :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Feck off Martin:D

No, but seriously lads, LeixlipRed could slot into that right side mid no prob and do a great job.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I've posted about 10 times saying I wanted to play. Wtf lads :confused:

Jays sorry man I was just goin by Frisbee's list.

Right side of midfield ok with you for now?

Not my preferred position but I'll play wherever.

What's your preferred position?

Nunu wrote: »
    Feck off Martin:D

No, but seriously lads, LeixlipRed could slot into that right side mid no prob and do a great job.

I'd be better than A N Other anyway. Though he's good at set pieces I here ;)

What's your preferred position?

I play as a holding midfielder for the boards team but right full is where I'd normally play. I'll play right wing like, anywhere is good :D

• Advertisement

I play as a holding midfielder for the boards team but right full is where I'd normally play. I'll play right wing like, anywhere is good :D

Bit of a Pablo Zabaleta so!

Tbh if you can play centre mid that's great as they seem to have a few so we'll need to keep things fresh in there. A rotation of myself, yourself, KaG and maybe another could be good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bit of a Pablo Zabaleta so!

Tbh if you can play centre mid that's great as they seem to have a few so we'll need to keep things fresh in there. A rotation of myself, yourself, KaG and maybe another could be good.

if you can find another striker I'd definately be better in the centre, but whatever I've got goals in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

That's my proper position so I'll move in if we're rotating things.

lol now everyone is a centre midfielder all of a sudden.

At the moment we could probably pull off the uber-cool 21st century formation -

dfx/SantryRed

Colly10
    Dub13/BastardPrince/Galvasean
    Voltwad

LeixlipRed

Xavi6
    KaG

mayordenis
    tribulus

Kiith

Well in fairness it's where I play for my team generally and I also have the fitness for it, or 90 minutes in general :pac:

The only problem we seem to have right now is a lack of natural width and maybe a second striker.

Other than that though it's starting to look decent.

tribulus wrote: »
    Well in fairness it's where I play for my team generally and I also have the fitness for it, or 90 minutes in general :pac:

Oh having a dig at pudgey denis is it?
    well FU

nah I'll concede I don't have the legs for it, I do however have the potential to pass a ball.

That looks good to me. That's the sort of dealy we play with boards recently. Where were these poker guys strongest anyway?

• Advertisement

That looks good to me. That's the sort of dealy we play with boards recently. Where were these poker guys strongest anyway?

all over tbh

Centre mid and centre half from what I read so maybe the extra man in the middle could help with that.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Oh having a dig at pudgey denis is it?
    well FU

nah I'll concede I don't have the legs for it, I do however have the potential to pass a ball.

:D not at all, just putting my case forward, I won't be the fastest winger in the world.

They'll also have DITpoker for them this time who will probably be their best player in my biased opinion. Don't know how he'll fare in left mid but he's a rock in defence and very tough to deal with if they play him up front.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Familiarity I think was the biggest difference. Some of the link-up play between the two strikers and a holding midfielder spraying the ball to them killed us. I don't know if they'll be playing this time round though.

Wouldn't worry about them anyway. Just try get some decent players down for us. From what I heard in person they had some decent players but nothing particulary special so nothing to fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Any idea of where this could be?

Good luck anyway lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

From what I hear about ditpoker he is a pretty good player but I've been told himself and luckyLloyd (if he plays this time) might have a few injuries we can exploit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

tribulus wrote: »
    They'll also have DITpoker for them this time who will probably be their best player in my biased opinion.

What kind of a player is he, what way does he tend to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

colly10 wrote: »
    What kind of a player is he, what way does he tend to play?

Quite a gay player, he normally distracts opponents with his fluffy afro and skin tight leggings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

tbh Colly is wasted at RB. Much better to play LexlipRed there and let Colly play right or centre midfield.

• Advertisement

Centre mid and centre half from what I read so maybe the extra man in the middle could help with that.

Absolute nonsense. That pair were shocking.

As for your "ultra cool 21st century formation" you should see the 4-6-0 formation being touted by certain members of our team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I might play Jeff up front, in goals or on the bench so don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Dont think you guys stand a chance tbh.

Your team last time was an absolute joke.

"Team" is a bit much. I think "rag tag bunch of misfits" or "10 lost children and a right back" might be closer:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Any indication to roughly the time of the game?

Wouldn't worry about them anyway. Just try get some decent players down for us. From what I heard in person they had some decent players but nothing particulary special so nothing to fear.

heh heh 10-2...

Iago wrote: »
    tbh Colly is wasted at RB. Much better to play LexlipRed there and let Colly play right or centre midfield.

Im absolutely septic in center mid tbh and not a fan of the RM position (I played there again Ravenhill earlier this year and didn't get alot from your LB/LM). I feel most comfortable as a RB, I did well enough the last day but can be hot and cold depending on how I start
    I don't mind switching around with LeixlipRed once I get into the game.
    Is there much chance you'll be playing yourself, we could definitely do with you out there

Dont think you guys stand a chance tbh.

Jaysus doesn't say much for you guys esp in the second third - I expect us to do much better this time! Also jeff plays up front (sometimes at the back) as far as I know and was the highest scorer for his team by a long shot last year! If that's all untrue don't blame me, just passing on what i've heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

From what I hear about ditpoker he is a pretty good player but I've been told himself and luckyLloyd (if he plays this time) might have a few injuries we can exploit :D

so harsh!!!! :P

Jaysus doesn't say much for you guys esp in the second third - I expect us to do much better this time! Also jeff plays up front (sometimes at the back) as far as I know and was the highest scorer for his team by a long shot last year! If that's all untrue don't blame me, just passing on what i've heard!

Second third we were experimenting with new players. When we had our starting team out, we literally hammered you guys.

Jeffs playing for us now too... doesnt bode well for you guys.

If I was you guys, get Des to send a few of ye off, then we only win 3-0.

• Advertisement

Second third we were experimenting with new players. When we had our starting team out, we literally hammered you guys.

Ah thats why ye's did so well against us, we were trying out new players for the whole match :D

ah being gracious in victory... theresa, remember how when the poker forum lost 7-2 and 8-2 how the poker forum thought they had played really well and we're great but for a few unlucky bounces... when we were missing four first team regulars are were experimenting with formations and postitions... "we literally hammered you guys".

it'd be naive of the poker forum (myself included) to think that one 10-2 victory equals another 10-2 victory. One would imagine that being beat 10-2 would unite the soccer forum and battle against a repeat performance, whereas the poker forum are at risk of complacency. i would predict a much much closer encounter this time around.

Is there a venue and time for this yet?

ditpoker wrote: »
    ah being gracious in victory... theresa, remember how when the poker forum lost 7-2 and 8-2 how the poker forum thought they had played really well and we're great but for a few unlucky bounces... when we were missing four first team regulars are were experimenting with formations and postitions... "we literally hammered you guys".

it'd be naive of the poker forum (myself included) to think that one 10-2 victory equals another 10-2 victory. One would imagine that being beat 10-2 would unite the soccer forum and battle against a repeat performance, whereas the poker forum are at risk of complacency. i would predict a much much closer encounter this time around.

Is there a venue and time for this yet?

STFU n00b.

Im trying to build a rivalry here and your sitting on the fence is ruining it.

Well if we're gonna make excuses - first third none of us knew each other and we struggled, final third our midfield and strikers didn't bother tracking back and we most of us were all knackered.

And none of us knew any names which really didn't help! But sure we'll find out in two weeks!

colly10 wrote: »
    Ah thats why ye's did so well against us, we were trying out new players for the whole match :D

I realise this. As already stated, I am trying to build a rivarly. All your silly reasonable posts are destroying this.

If we were all United fans, and you guys were all pool fans then we'd be sorted.

STFU n00b.

Im trying to build a rivalry here and your sitting on the fence is ruining it.

GO TEAM POKEY! WE IZ BEST :D

ditpoker wrote: »
    GO TEAM POKEY! WE IZ BEST :D

To be fair, not hard to be better than this rabble.

bastardprince = ross???

To be fair, not hard to be better than this rabble.

full of glory supporters anyway! no doncaster fans... a good football forum would be full of doncaster fans...

• Advertisement

I appear to have found myself my first target. Lovely.

Advertisement