Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - The Rematch (Sun Feb 22nd, Leicester Celtic, Kick Off: 4pm)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

GuanYin wrote: »
    I would almost pay to fly over and play. grrr :(

That would be fun,seen you go past a few of the Mike Newell type lads...:)

We will try and get you a few pics.

ditpoker wrote: »
    bastardprince = ross??? ****e player

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I realise this. As already stated, I am trying to build a rivarly.

Saying excuse my slightly offensive comments, im just trying to create a bit of rivalry is not a good way of creating rivalry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I appear to have found myself my first target. Lovely.

Yes. This is it. I love the midfield battles I do.

colly10 wrote: »
    Saying excuse my slightly offensive comments, im just trying to create a bit of rivalry is not a good way of creating rivalry :D

yeah but I didnt wanna come across as a dick, I was kinda hoping some more poker forum players would wade in and give a bit of stick, then I wouldnt be singled out as a dick. BUT, they are all fannies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yes. This is it. I love the midfield battles I do.

shinguards.jpg

Don't forget them.

Probably best to go with the ones that have the ankle guards to be on the safe side.

Pfffft. Xavi, the only reason he'd need em is if you ever got near the ball.

shinguards.jpg

Don't forget them.

Probably best to go with the ones that have the ankle guards to be on the safe side.

Safety first Xavi.

Im looking forward to this though. Finally a (supposed) midfielder that is gonna make me work for the slick passes. That bunch the last day gave me about 6hrs on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

i hate shin guards. so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Im looking forward to this though. Finally a (supposed) midfielder that is gonna make me work for the slick passes. That bunch the last day gave me about 6hrs on the ball.

You're lucky I'm stuck out on the wing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bastardprince = ross???

Yes.

Will play if you guys require numbers. Though note that I'm bigger than the average bear, slower than the average bear and have the touch of a bear.

tribulus wrote: »
    You're lucky I'm stuck out on the wing...

Believe me. I know this.

Still though, I reckon Donal (if he comes) and I will match you and Xavi.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yes.

Will play if you guys require numbers. Though note that I'm bigger than the average bear, slower than the average bear and have the touch of a bear.

Et tu Brute?

First Tribulus and now you? Traitors one, traitors all I name you! Saying that, if they do pick you it more or less guarantees a Poker Forum win.;)

Yes.

Cool. Jeff can lob you from 60 yards again. 1-0 already.

Lads, we're off to a flyer.

Et tu Brute?

First Tribulus and now you? Traitors one, traitors all I name you! Saying that, if they do pick you it more or less guarantees a Poker Forum win.;)

Being a turncoat on a bunch of lads who would sell their own mother into slavery rather than being broke is an easy enough decision. :p

Being a turncoat on a bunch of lads who would sell their own mother into slavery rather than being broke is an easy enough decision. :p

Admit it, you miss it you reformed sicko.

Admit it, you miss it you reformed sicko.

I'll admit nothing.

Serious post.

I am really looking forward to this game, I want to beat you guys so bad. I know we can, well cos, the showing you put up the last day was bad and I know you'll all be really up for it, which will make it all the sweeter.

Your Centre Halves made a loud beeping sound when turning, slower than a wet week those two. Your wingers, the big scary guy, wasnt so big and scary when you saw him on the ball. The other winger I cant remember, says it all. Your strikers, sure they were has beens. Iago was quite decent in spurts, but for most of it our CB's Kayroo and Neil had him under their thumbs. edit: I forgot about your midfield. lol. happens.

You could tell that all you lads had spent waaaaay too much time on the bar stool discussing rafa and his crackpottedness over many many many pints. There was more running in Christy Brown.

anyway, good luck lads.

The first tackle should be very, very interesting

Neil spent all that time talking about how he was gonna dance through the middle of our defence. We heard all sorts of talk about how you guys were gonna get us and you guys showed no heart. You totally gave up on each other and fell apart.

Tribulus is a super player, as is Colly. Dunno about Xavi but I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt. 3 players can't carry the 8 pieces of deadweight ye still have left over from last time. If ye don't shape up then you're gonna be on the end of another massacre frankly.

Jeez, both our CB's played 90 minutes for their teams the day before that game and we still had your guys in our pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

is there any chance of this being on grass no?

Trash talk ITT.

I agree. Hopefully I dont injure you though. Would make it far too easy for me in the middle.

I have it on very good authority that LeixlipRed is an excellent player. A very welcome addition.

Apparently Frisbee was handy enough last time out so hopefully he'll be along too.

mayordenis wrote: »

LOL. I wish

gonna get a couple of games in between now and this game, I am not turning up and making a show of myself again. That's not to say nobody will have a show made of them.

It'd be impossible to get a pitch given the weather.

Isn't Leicester Celtic long-ish artificial grass?
    I agree. Hopefully I dont injure you though. Would make it far too easy for me in the middle.

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

look1306.jpg

gonna get a couple of games in between now and this game, I am not turning up and making a show of myself again. That's not to say nobody will have a show made of them.

Were you that forgettable midfielder?

Casper is your new name, you were like a ghost in there. Didnt see you at all.

Were you that forgettable midfielder?

Casper is your new name, you were like a ghost in there. Didnt see you at all.

nah I wasn't, and casper is a retarded nickname you can smack talk better than that I'm sure.

• Advertisement

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

Ok Shooter!!!!

nah I wasn't, and casper is a retarded nickname you can smack talk better than that I'm sure.

Sorry, my bad. You were Iago's understudy? Another one who did zero but stand around on the pitch...?

Pretty funny you even think you can take part in this discussion, if I were you, Id be under a rock somewhere after that last performance.

Sorry, my bad. You were Iago's understudy? Another one who did zero but stand around on the pitch...?

Pretty funny you even think you can take part in this discussion, if I were you, Id be under a rock somewhere after that last performance.

Aye but while I can have a ****e game I can turn that around,
    You're most likely going to be a tosser all your life :pac:

Anyway don't worry I've more motivation than anyone here to teabag the lot of ye.

Anyway don't worry I've more motivation than anyone here to teabag the lot of ye.

Wow. I mean... Wow.

You were the guy who wanted the group shower right:D

Aye but while I can have a ****e game I can turn that around,
    You're most likely going to be a tosser all your life :pac:

Ha. yes, you and Xavi gunning for me now.This should be easier than expected.

Is there no one else?

Ha. yes, you and Xavi gunning for me now.This should be easier than expected.

Is there no one else?

Lol don't flatter yourself. I'll be too busy picking passes to worry about you. I'll just pounce on your inevitable piss poor touch and go through both you and the ball. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

bastardprince = ross???

you knows it, richie is giving me all the dirt!!! ;)

Lol don't flatter yourself. I'll be too busy picking passes to worry about you. I'll just pounce on your inevitable piss poor touch and go through both you and the ball. Happy days.

Penalty spot for corners please.

One thing I defo dont have is a poor touch.

Try spraying passes when youve got less than a second on the ball. Im looking forward to sending you back to Oz with your tail between your legs.

you knows it, richie is giving me all the dirt!!! ;)

You heading out from D15 Ross?
    One thing I defo dont have is a poor touch.

Try spraying passes when youve got less than a second on the ball. Im looking forward to sending you back to Oz with your tail between your legs.

Less than a second is plenty of time. That's all I need to spot an open pair of legs, as yore oul wan will attest to.

Less than a second is plenty of time. That's all I need to spot an open pair of legs, as yore oul wan will attest to.

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

• Advertisement

That's all I need to spot an open pair of legs, as yore oul wan will attest to.

Poor. Been a high standard of needle in this thread so far. Even Casper's attempt earlier was better than this. You can defo do better than this man.

Oh pu-leez. How could you have smack talk without a 'ma' joke?!

You heading out from D15 Ross?

Lowering yourself to your ma jokes? Ah Xavi, I was beginning to enjoy the banter too.

Pretty poor. Keeps with the standard I guess.

Oh pu-leez. How could you have smack talk without a 'ma' joke?!

I expected it from Casper to be honest. But you...poor.

Where is Casper anyway has he gone to bed?

Casper, stop thanking Xavis posts. You should be out practicing.

Right lads, I genuinely enjoyed this. I have a 5aside tournament in the morning though, gotta be fresh ya know.

Dont want a ghostly performance.

Lowering yourself to your ma jokes? Ah Xavi, I was beginning to enjoy the banter too.

Pretty poor. Keeps with the standard I guess.

man he had to try and pull something out of that bag after that shambles that was calling me "casper", unless it was a predicitve "casper" as in you expect me to ghost past you with ease.
    I'm afriad with the ball at my feet most of you will be left to look like a pack of dickless chumps.

Casper, stop thanking Xavis posts. You should be out practicing.

lol stop setting people up to rip the piss out of you. trying to blag wednesday off work this week and next so I can prep myself for this game, your new name is dickless, I choose it because you have no dick.

Right lads, I genuinely enjoyed this. I have a 5aside tournament in the morning though, gotta be fresh ya know.

Dont want a ghostly performance.

A 5 a side tournament on a Wednesday morning? I call shenanigans.

man he had to try and pull something out of that bag after that shambles that was calling me "casper", unless it was a predicitve "casper" as in you expect me to ghost past you with ease.
    I'm afriad with the ball at my feet most of you will be left to look like a pack of dickless chumps.

D+. Must do better. More practice required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement