Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - The Rematch (Sun Feb 22nd, Leicester Celtic, Kick Off: 4pm)

Comments

mayordenis wrote: »
    man he had to try and pull something out of that bag after that shambles that was calling me "casper", unless it was a predicitve "casper" as in you expect me to ghost past you with ease.
    I'm afriad with the ball at my feet most of you will be left to look like a pack of dickless chumps.

LOOK WHO IT IS!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just to be clear guys, it's on.

Just to be clear guys, it's on.

Man that comments gonna come back to haunt you...

EDIT: By the way, we are playing soccer so there'll be none of this:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We're going to beat you buffy's down and then go home.

Kiith wrote: »
    We're going to beat you buffy's down collapse into a complete mess and needlessly blame our goalkeeper who got no help from a totally hapless back 4 (barring Colly) and then go home.

Just fixed that there for ya.

can't really use that against myself or Kiith what with us being strikers and all.

can't really use that against myself or Kiith what with us being strikers and all.

You're team had strikers? I hardly noticed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It'd be impossible to get a pitch given the weather.

Isn't Leicester Celtic long-ish artificial grass?

it's all right, slide tackles can be made but must be worth it - i made two (well made one and sold myself in the second!) in the last game and my knees were slightly cut up like a mild carpet burn.
    You heading out from D15 Ross?

i'll be coming from town, so getting the bus!

after being part of a defense that leaked 10 goals (albeit i wasnt on the pitch for all of them) i shall not be getting myself involved in smack talk;)

K lads, really enjoyed all the slagging but time for me to hit the hay. To be continued Casper.

• Advertisement

K lads, really enjoyed all the slagging but time for me to hit the hay. To be continued Casper.

Hit the hay, down by the bay, I just may.

which one were you again?

which one were you again?

The taller CB. The younger one.

The taller CB. The younger one.

cool thought you were one of the strikers for some reason...

cool thought you were one of the strikers for some reason...

No no. Although even from CB I had 2 clear chances to score. Both from corners. First one really well blocked after I caught it really sweetly and the second one I made a proper mess of by somehow kicking the ground rather than the ball.

will we have the old boards jerseys again?

• Advertisement

will we have the old boards jerseys again?

sorry to sound like an ungrateful dickhead but I hope not, can we just wear black or something, I hate sky ****ing blue.

tbh its much better wearing the same kit than a mish mash of similarly coloured jerseys, but thats just my opinion - we could get bibs?

tbh its much better wearing the same kit than a mish mash of similarly coloured jerseys, but thats just my opinion - we could get bibs?

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/department.asp?BRAND=0&DEPT=52&ALT=adidas-Football-Kits

we should just all but some nice black adidas kit, get erm named and numbered too.

:pac:

yea I'm a poser, whatever, **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bibs are always a sensible solution

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Bibs are always a sensible solution

no, the blue jerseys are fine. never bibs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Poker forums red jersies worked fine even with 2 milan jersies and a Bohs jersey, although if the soccer forum wore red thered be even less teamwork with the pool and utd jersies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

colly10 wrote: »
    Im absolutely septic in center mid tbh and not a fan of the RM position (I played there again Ravenhill earlier this year and didn't get alot from your LB/LM). I feel most comfortable as a RB, I did well enough the last day but can be hot and cold depending on how I start
    I don't mind switching around with LeixlipRed once I get into the game.
    Is there much chance you'll be playing yourself, we could definitely do with you out there

I'm down to play another game on the 22nd, so depending on whether or not that goes ahead and what time this one is on I might make it.

I'm keen to play but had already committed to the other game first.

3 players can't carry the 8 pieces of deadweight ye still have left over from last time. If ye don't shape up then you're gonna be on the end of another massacre frankly.

Jeez, both our CB's played 90 minutes for their teams the day before that game and we still had your guys in our pockets.

lol, I remember it slightly differently. It's like playing .01/.02c NLH, if you're not careful you allow yourself to be dragged down to their level. Yourself and Neil were so slow that you sucked me into your below par level performaces.

Must try harder to make this one, if I had my shooting boots on I'd of had 6 that day, but you can't be that lucky all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Full kit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mix and match jerseys any day. The fact that it's a City coloured kit is just a happy little coincidence! :pac:

On a side note, bags the number 6 shirt!

Iago wrote: »
    lol, I remember it slightly differently. It's like playing .01/.02c NLH, if you're not careful you allow yourself to be dragged down to their level. Yourself and Neil were so slow that you sucked me into your below par level performaces.

Must try harder to make this one, if I had my shooting boots on I'd of had 6 that day, but you can't be that lucky all the time.

Eh...This is clearly a self-level yeah?

You are essentially saying that we somehow made you run slower by not running that fast ourselves. I was unaware I had that magical power.

Also, what is this about shooting boots? You guys had, total, 7 shots in the whole game. One goal was a pinball game in the box that someone scuffed into the net (well done whoever you are) and the other one was the ONLY time either of you managed to get in behind Neil.

It wasn't lack of shooting boots mate. It was complete and total lack of ability.:cool:

Oh and I am glacially slow, not denying it, but I make up for it by you never seeing the ball and, if you do, not seeing it for long. ;)

Loving the needle by the way lads, didn't have to make one bone cruncher the last day. Really disappointed with that tbh. This season I've put 2 lads in hospital in my league and while I've absolutely no intention of hurting anyone in this game I'm glad this one will be that little bit tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

A 5 a side tournament on a Wednesday morning? I call shenanigans.

Nah really, some charity thing in UCD. We came third. Poor showing.

Lol Casper, your gonna need to improve something drastic from the last game to be able to rip the piss outta anyone on our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We'll be using the old Boardeaux jerseys.

And once again I'm still waiting to hear back from this guy.
    Haven't been able to talk to him once but I've left about 7 voicemails and god knows how many texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

<---- volunteers to be a turn coat bastard!! services for sale! I am a football hooker, like julia roberts in Escape to Victory!

Eh...This is clearly a self-level yeah?

Well yes but...

Also, what is this about shooting boots? You guys had, total, 7 shots in the whole game.

We had more than that in my recollection, I had one saved in the first minute for a corner, another one cleared off the line and at least 2 in the third period where I really should have scored at least one.

Oh and the free kick at the end. So that's 7 from me alone, and I wasn't the only one shooting...[size=-12]poorly[/size]
    One goal was a pinball game in the box that someone scuffed into the net (well done whoever you are) and the other one was the ONLY time either of you managed to get in behind Neil.

more selective memory, one goal was from a scissor kick that hit somebodys upper torso/head on the line and went in. The second was the third time we got in behind yourself and Neil.
    It wasn't lack of shooting boots mate. It was complete and total lack of ability.:cool:

Loving the needle by the way lads, didn't have to make one bone cruncher the last day. Really disappointed with that tbh. This season I've put 2 lads in hospital in my league and while I've absolutely no intention of hurting anyone in this game I'm glad this one will be that little bit tougher.

I think you'll find the problem was more a lack of familiarity, players who didn't even know each others names never mind playing styles and the absence of a couple of good organisers. Frankly on an ability level I don't think there was much between the teams, and if both trained and played regularly together I don't think there'd be much between them in a series of games.

but then after taking an absolute pasting in your first set of games I suppose you have to grasp anything that wash down the bitter taste so I understand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Lot of ****e being spouted in this thread tbh. Makes me wanna kill poker people. A group of people who talk a lot of ****e in general wouldn't you say? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Lot of ****e being spouted in this thread tbh. Makes me wanna kill poker people. A group of people who talk a lot of ****e in general wouldn't you say? ;)

Yes. Yes I would.

Its the classic bluff. They are betting big, trying to intimidate us out of the game before we even play our hand. Royal flush coming up ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm well up for this now. Love when the opposition set themselves up for a fall ;)

Finally got through to this lad at about half 8 last night.

Pitch booked 4-6 on Sunday 22nd.

:)

Good man Frisbee

Have we got a revised list of confirmed players?

Good man Frisbee

Have we got a revised list of confirmed players?

I'm waiting on the last of the PM's to roll in, will post the list tomorrow with who has got back to me so far.

While I'm here, anyone fancy 5-a-side tonight?! I'm a few players short for a game in Leixlip at 9.30pm!

While I'm here, anyone fancy 5-a-side tonight?! I'm a few players short for a game in Leixlip at 9.30pm!

I'm training unfortunately.

Rough idea of the starting XI up in the social group lads

I'll definitly be there. I might have to work 45 minutes after the match, but i'm sure i can get to Clondalkin in 45 minutes...or at least thats what i'm telling the other lads on shift.

Would also love to play a game tonight, but i gotta work...again.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll definitly be there. I might have to work 45 minutes after the match, but i'm sure i can get to Clondalkin in 45 minutes...or at least thats what i'm telling the other lads on shift.

Would also love to play a game tonight, but i gotta work...again.

Yeah I'm supposed to be in work at 6 that night aswell, hoping to swap. Or i'll just head in early another day and work up an hour so I can show up late on the Sunday.

Well we're lookin in decent shape anyway numbers wise.

Might wanna meet up at about 3.30pm to go through tactics, names etc.

How much is it per head?

Jesus I nearly would. I have been looking for a game all week. Let me know if its ok to play with the enemy.

Well we're lookin in decent shape anyway numbers wise.

Might wanna meet up at about 3.30pm to go through tactics, names etc.

How much is it per head?

Aye thats what we did last time.

It was 6.50 a head last time aswell, will confirm its the same again, cant see why it wouldnt be though

Jesus I nearly would. I have been looking for a game all week. Let me know if its ok to play with the enemy.

Ah now I wouldn't want to go injuring you before the big game! :pac:

Ah now I wouldn't want to go injuring you before the big game! :pac:

Fair enough. Well if your stuck for numbers give me a shout, Ill be driving home that way anyway.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Well if your stuck for numbers give me a shout, Ill be driving home that way anyway.

We are actually really stuck so if you wanna play then that's be super. Any mates are welcome too.

We are actually really stuck so if you wanna play then that's be super. Any mates are welcome too.

Hmmm, mates all living in Dublin is a bit of a stretch. Ill PM you before 7 letting you know the story or is that too late?

No that should be ok. Two bastards just dropped out so we're strugglin but I'm dyin for a game. Can I mark you down anyway?

No that should be ok. Two bastards just dropped out so we're strugglin but I'm dyin for a game. Can I mark you down anyway?

I aint too sure yet, depends on whether I need to drive home (its likely but not 100%). Ill let you know as soon as I do.

I aint too sure yet, depends on whether I need to drive home (its likely but not 100%). Ill let you know as soon as I do.

Ok cool.

Looks like we have 8 at the moment so just need to make up the 10 and we're sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement