Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - The Rematch (Sun Feb 22nd, Leicester Celtic, Kick Off: 4pm)

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

ditpoker wrote: »
    colly was quality at right back. you cant be "wasted" anywhere on a football pitch. having a good striker or left mid is as important as having a good keeper or right back or whatever. if rb is his best position, then he should play rb, imo. its a bit different to play someone out of their natural position if you have a ready made replacement for the position being vacated.

enjoyed the game, played in a great spirit.

again, while my original boards link in with poker, i probably post on soccer more. and with that in mind, and the absence of a "natural striker" for the soccer forum, i'd happily pull on a sky blue jersey next time out. don't think i'll make 8 goals difference, but might be something to consider???

True, but for example playing Nicolas Anelka at centre back would be a waste of his talent, even if he could do a good job back there! To use some poker talk, if a few moves (positions) are +ev some are more +ev than others :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

PCPhoto wrote: »
    just so everyone knows - wont be sending images to Star ..... lack of Poker team jerseys is the reason (no offence).

will throw a couple up here in the next few days.

No worries, I was thinking there was no way you could put pics in a paper of a match where one side was wearing t-shirts, sure get them up when ye get a chance anyway, looking forward to seeing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Unlucky Lads,

I couldnt make this one, and am gutted I didnt get a chance to school Xavi in the art of passing and boss midfield. Next time lads.

Ye're going in the right direction though judging by the comments comparing this match to the last.

Whens the next one on lads? asap please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Whens the next one on lads? asap please.

Next month sometime I reckon.
    As Chooper said to me yesterday no point having them so close together all the time or people will get sick of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Frisbee wrote: »
    Next month sometime I reckon.
    As Chooper said to me yesterday no point having them so close together all the time or people will get sick of them

I bet you had nightmares last night! :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I bet you had nightmares last night! :pac:

Night sweats. It was horrible.
    Then I went to the jacks and missed which made it even worse....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

really sorry I missed this but will hopefully be around for the next one. Might be worth organising a regular 5-a-side in DCU or something in the meantime. Would help fitness and first touch/passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll hopefully be in for the next one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Anyone want to do a match report?

tribulus wrote: »
    Anyone want to do a match report?

I'd rather forget yesterday ever happened tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Personally I was reasonably happy with my performance, slept like a baby and didn't hit the lid either when I woke up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Enjoyed the game yesterday, obviously the result was a bit of a soul destroyer especially with the four they got in the final third.

Looking forward to the next one. Wouldn't mind having a spell in goal (I'd be pretty brutal at kick outs, but was always in goal during P.E. in school lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

yeh the two lads in the middle kept the game as close as it was. After 5 minutes it was pretty obvious to us that containing them and stopping them get free or too much time on the ball would prevent you's ticking.

You's shoulda had one or two goals, we got a few very lucky ones - so don't let the scoreline take away from the fact that it was a good competitive game. Thanks lads

True, but for example playing Nicolas Anelka at centre back would be a waste of his talent, even if he could do a good job back there! To use some poker talk, if a few moves (positions) are +ev some are more +ev than others :p

Perhaps but Colly actually IS a RB. So by your analogy it is more +EV to leave him there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

PCPhoto wrote: »
    just so everyone knows - wont be sending images to Star ..... lack of Poker team jerseys is the reason (no offence).

will throw a couple up here in the next few days.

Did you get a chance to upload any pics yet..?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Did you get a chance to upload any pics yet..?

BUMP.

Any danger of these photos making an appearance PC???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

BUMP.

Any danger of these photos making an appearance PC???

Just pm'd him now

Any chance you lads wanna put together a team for this sunday coming?

I'm unavailable this Sunday most likely. Cup Game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

If there is a match arranged for this Sunday I am available to play for the soccer forum. I'll be off work and have nothing planned...I'll keep an eye out on this thread.

Well does anyone from this forum wanna take charge and organise a team?

Advertisement