Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Doin the NCAD Portfolio Brief

Options
  • 20-01-2009 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

and what do you think of it

Who's Doing the NCAD Portfolio Brief 10 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    70% 7 votes
    I stopped thinking about NCAD when i seen the Brief
    30% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fajitas! Who posts over in photography is finishing his thesis in fine art from there, give him a pm and he could give tips or better yet as him for a reply to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It seems like a good idea. When I was doing my portfolio last year I was lost in a sea of confusion as to what consitutes a proper project of sorts.I think I probably picked something they didn't approve of and was scundered from the beginning. It's nice to have some direction. In a way it removes a degree of individuality because lots of people will have the same starting point, but there remains the issue of what people will make of it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

im doing it! when i first saw it my jaw dropped and it took a while to get into it i think but once i did it started to go okay. always so hard to know with ncad if you'll get in or not. im headin up this friday with my folio.just gettin the last few pieces together now so prayin hard i get it! good luck to anyone else applying too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I was going to but I got lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

oh god portfolios :) and I was just thinking about how much hell mine was to make today !!!

Some advice....
    If you're in cork, do NOT do the crawford portfolio preperation course, it's like the first year of the actual college forced into 3 months worth of saturdays :\ doesn't really help with the portfolio

And if you're in dublin don't the the NCAD portfolio course either cause they'll be able to tell and then they'll mark you harder ! :)

I just used the junior cert as a kinda basis:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 cursive

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    And if you're in dublin don't the the NCAD portfolio course either cause they'll be able to tell and then they'll mark you harder ! :)
    simply not true. ncad prep courses are the best for this brief because they made it. also i did an ncad prep course once a week and half the class got in.

there's so much bullshizz and bitching about portfolio courses and course teachers and who goes where and what not, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter because the people who do well will do well anywhere because the brief is so conceptual, and the way you think cannot be taught. it simply means ncad want your mind above all other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Two of my mates are doing it, and an IADT one aswell. One of them, his NCAD one got fecked up though because somehow they managed to sell him A2.5 sheets instead of A2 or some crap like that and now he had to buy an A1 folder and he says it doesn't look the oul best.

My another mate has some of the most random drawing ever, Santa smoking a joint with a bottle of beer and locked raindeers.:pac:

Hope everyone who puts a portfolio in gets into NCAD.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

I handed my portfolio over to Ncad today ;) So glad it's done, I'd like to get in but I doubt I will, I strayed off the brief a bit and I wasn't totally happy with the whole thing, but whatever. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Handing mine in now and am SO NERVOUS. Don't know what I'll do if I don't get in to be honest.

Ergh...

Good luck to everybody else who applied, fingers crossed we'll all get in and it'll be happy days!!

Advertisement