Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

DVD Recorder with hard drive

• 20-01-2009 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

I need to buy a new DVD recorder with a hard drive, but I'm not sure what to go for. Argos (NI) has a Toshiba RD88DT (http://tinyurl.com/93d8f8) which looks good and has good reviews. It's more than I thought I'd have to spend at £195 - am I paying too much extra for the Freeview and other options that I can't use?
    I've looked everywhere - Asda, Curry's, Tesco, Komplett and I can't find a bog standard DVD recorder with a hard drive and without all the bells and whistles, like the Daewoo one I have now that only cost about £75 2 years ago (which is now crocked, unfortunately). If this Toshiba is worth it, I don't mind too much paying the extra, but not if the extras are useless.
    Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

This is was posted in Sat forum, where people buy satellite Receivers with built in HDD recording. Much better.

Moved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I have a Sony RDR-HXD870B 160GB hd recorder. Also upscales. I might be willing to sell. PM me if you're interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

aaf wrote: »
    I have a Sony RDR-HXD870B 160GB hd recorder. Also upscales. I might be willing to sell. PM me if you're interested

Thanks for the offer - just bought the Toshiba last night in Argos as I couldn't find anything else. Still getting to grips with it, though it seems great. Maybe Freeview will be useful sometime, as long as it lasts until then.

Advertisement