Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Irish Half Aboriginal

Options
  • 20-01-2009 7:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Anybody else meet him? Bumped into him a few months ago at a hostel in Adelaide, a great bloke. Very strange looking though, he has ginger curly hair and not fully black skin, more of a brown and his bone structure looks very similiar to an Aboriginal from alice springs area. He is very big into his Aboriginal heritage and has done the song line (think its call song line anyways or maybe rite of passage) that includes alice springs and katu tuja. If you meet him have a chat with him, very friendly and he has an interesting story. He owns a business which he employs local aboriginals making didgys and other aboriginal art. His didgeys were pricey though if your Irish he will probably do them a little cheaper and the quality is tops. If anyone really wants ill dig out his business card, i have it somewhere in the backpack and intend to buy a didgey from him before i leave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

neon_glows wrote: »
    Anybody else meet him? Bumped into him a few months ago at a hostel in Adelaide, a great bloke. Very strange looking though, he has ginger curly hair and not fully black skin, more of a brown and his bone structure looks very similiar to an Aboriginal from alice springs area. He is very big into his Aboriginal heritage and has done the song line (think its call song line anyways or maybe rite of passage) that includes alice springs and katu tuja. If you meet him have a chat with him, very friendly and he has an interesting story. He owns a business which he employs local aboriginals making didgys and other aboriginal art. His didgeys were pricey though if your Irish he will probably do them a little cheaper and the quality is tops. If anyone really wants ill dig out his business card, i have it somewhere in the backpack and intend to buy a didgey from him before i leave.

I am assuming you brought one ?? You wont pay for a tram yet find cash to buy these useless instruments that sound horrific :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

no i beat him up and robbed his didgey :P
    no i couldnt afford one but was amazed to see the different ones he had in his car and was amazed at how great a player he was.
    I dont intend to buy one before i go home....
    ill all packed up to move out of the city this weekend so i wont find it till then but i want to get one.
    I am only sending 3 things home but there amazing a didgy handcrafted by a proud/gentleman aboriginal whose also half irish :D A surfboard i shaped and glassed myself on the gold coast and the only copy of one particulary maoris family tiki which the grandfather of there family made for me using a mould.
    All in all im pretty chuffed with my ozz/kiwi experience. Anyone who knocks ozz as a place with nothing other than sunshine to see is totaly away with it.

Advertisement