Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fight would you make?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

would love to see rashad v the rampage jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

winston82 wrote: »
    would love to see rashad v the rampage jackson

If both in their next fights you will.;)

Rashad vs Machida/Thiago Silva, Rampage vs Jardine.

If the reports are accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

fedor vs lesnar

fedor vs Couture

Ken-flo vs Penn

overeem vs yore ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Joachem Hansen vs Kenny Florian.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Also:

GSP V A Silva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I would like to see Bj Penn Vs Brock Lesner.
    mainly because Bj in a recent interview said that Ju Jitsu was invented so that the small guy could bet up the big guy.
    I'd like to see if that's true

That is the original post from you that I replied to you little vermin
    The section in bold is exactly what Royce Gracie proved. He beat the bigger man.

I was having intelligent conversation with Karmafaerie, I pointed out that BJJ is still effective against bigger guys - but against your modern bad MMA dude is a completely different situation as all of these guys are now pretty good at BJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

dancor wrote: »
    Also:

GSP V A Silva

Supposedly will happen if GSP beats Penn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

T-K-O wrote: »
    The section in bold is exactly what Royce Gracie proved. He beat the bigger man.

I was having intelligent conversation with Karmafaerie, I pointed out that BJJ is still effective against bigger guys - but against your modern bad MMA dude is a completely different situation as all of these guys are now pretty good at BJJ

little vermin WTF!!!

Ok i think your messing the point, so i'll put this is point form so you can understand it
    • Gracie didn't prove it why!!
    • first off as i said eariler most of the fighters that Gracie was fighting in the early UFC fights had no grand game they where all pretty one dimensional, and most had only one discipline under there belts boxing, wrestling etc.
    • Gracie won because nobody knew how to counter his style of fighting as not may in the sport had come up against BJJ,
    • Now days all fighters are well rounded so; if for example GSP was fighting Frank Mir, and seen that they both know BJJ then the fight is more even and there fore it would be more accurate to see if BJJ works as my original post stated
    • Now if you don't understand this simple intelligent post then don't bother replying to it. i don't want to get into a childish argumet like whats happening on the UFC 94 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palhares
    Anderson Silva vs Rampage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

IF you could chose any two MMA fighters who would you pick..

I'd love to see Torres V Penn - Le V Silva and the obvious one Fedor V Lesnar

Torres would have to gain 20lbs, how about Torres vs Kid Yamamoto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Fedor vs Barnett
    Lil' Nog vs Forrest Griffin
    Francis Heagney vs Greg Loughran

little vermin WTF!!!

Ok i think your messing the point, so i'll put this is point form so you can understand it
    • Gracie didn't prove it why!!
    • first off as i said eariler most of the fighters that Gracie was fighting in the early UFC fights had no grand game they where all pretty one dimensional, and most had only one discipline under there belts boxing, wrestling etc.
    • Gracie won because nobody knew how to counter his style of fighting as not may in the sport had come up against BJJ,
    • Now days all fighters are well rounded so; if for example GSP was fighting Frank Mir, and seen that they both know BJJ then the fight is more even and there fore it would be more accurate to see if BJJ works as my original post stated
    • Now if you don't understand this simple intelligent post then don't bother replying to it. i don't want to get into a childish argumet like whats happening on the UFC 94 thread.

Gracie proved the point that the smaller dude can beat the bigger dude forget about disciplines as back in the day each fighter had their own "trade".

If you are talking about Penn V Mir it is a completely different argument as MMA throws a night light on the concept of smaller V bigger both MMA guys possess BJJ.

IMO when Royce was trying to prove the point he was basically saying BJJ enables the smaller guy to beat the bigger from another discipline.

Now if Penn fought Mir in a Jujitsu fight I think Penn would beat Frank but again MMA is a different kettle of fish.

Gracie proved the point that the smaller dude can beat the bigger dude forget about disciplines as back in the day each fighter had their own "trade".

If you are talking about Penn V Mir it is a completely different argument as MMA throws a night light on the concept of smaller V bigger both MMA guys possess BJJ.

IMO when Royce was trying to prove the point he was basically saying BJJ enables the smaller guy to beat the bigger from another discipline.

Now if Penn fought Mir in a Jujitsu fight I think Penn would beat Frank but again MMA is a different kettle of fish.

your just repeating what i already said, anyway lets move on, and not turn this in to the UFC 94 thread,

your just repeating what i already said, anyway lets move on, and not turn this in to the UFC 94 thread,

O.K fine, lets turn this into a UFC 94 thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Careful now, or you will get a paddling. Infracted for now, be careful or its a ban.

Dragan wrote: »
    Careful now, or you will get a paddling. Infracted for now, be careful or its a ban.

No problem dude - my bad, but he didn't explain his point of view very well and then accuses me of not being able to read his post. :rolleyes:

But it's all good. We can be friends :)

No problem dude - my bad, but he didn't explain his point of view very well and then accuses me of not being able to read his post. :rolleyes:

But it's all good. We can be friends :)

I did explain it:rolleyes:, but lets move on its only a online form. Lets not take things too seriously:P. Our else we'll have to change the name from Boards to Sherdog:D

I did explain it:rolleyes:, but lets move on its only a online form. Lets not take things too seriously:P. Our else we'll have to change the name from Boards to Sherdog:D

Oh nnoooooo you didn't :D

What about Anderson Silva V Robbie Lawlor !

Oh nnoooooo you didn't :D

What about Anderson Silva V Robbie Lawlor !

Oh yes i did:p

Fedor Vs Tim Sliva:D oh wait it happend:eek:

Oh yes i did:p

Fedor Vs Tim Sliva:D oh wait it happend:eek:

Word on the street is Silva doesn't remember it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

If both in their next fights you will.;)

Rashad vs Machida/Thiago Silva, Rampage vs Jardine.

If the reports are accurate.

machida will take silva imho, I think he might take evans to.

also to whomever said palhares vs maia - great choice!

Sm0ke wrote: »
    machida will take silva imho, I think he might take evans to.

also to whomever said palhares vs maia - great choice!

Machida will take Silva ? Anderson ? and then may take Evans ?

Both Silva and Machida destroy Evans

Advertisement