Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willl Obama be assanaited....?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Given the history of the states its quiet a distinct possibility and if it was a thing it did happen what do you think would be the aftermath?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

First political leader in history to be assanaited. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Archimedes wrote: »
    First political leader in history to be assanaited. You heard it here first.

:confused: You make no sense silly person.

My question was more of the after effects if such a thing did happen and not just in the states but the whole world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There'll be an HBO special and in about 5 years time a star studded hollywood blockbuster. People will remember where they were that day. Conspiracy nuts will claim it was the NWO (even though apparently Obama is in the NWO). Religious zealots will claim it's the end of the world. The vice president will become president. And life will be exactly the same for the rest of us.

Well, that's my guess, anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Archimedes speaks the truth!

Nobody has ever been "assanaited" in the history of the world.

Look it up if you don't believe us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Won't happen because its too expected so there will be a lot of security. I'm sure you'll here about some half-arsed attempt (been a few already) where a guy was in a town with a gun and said he was going to do it or something and had a plan to go to where Obama was and shoot him but he was caught before he left town. I think most of these are BS. Anyone smart enough to pull it off knows the risks involved and if they are that smart they should know that it isn't worth the risk.

I'd say the only possibility is if important people in Washington considered it convenient for him to disappear and that might be too much a conspiracy theory. If he is actually pushing an agenda for change then people that get rich in the current system aren't going to be too happy though. If such a thing was to happen, it wouldn't happen until he revealed his policies that such people wouldn't like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Given the history of the states its quiet a distinct possibility and if it was a thing it did happen what do you think would be the aftermath?

Well if it does happen and the guy responsible is Irish, I'm changing my name to Yussif Ibn Faisal and getting the ferry to Wales.

doubledown wrote: »

I have no need to look it up as i quiet familiar with history but given what is happening right across the globe with severe job cuts bank and coperations posting record low returns and a very uncertain couple of years ahead i think it may well be a little different this time around if such a thing did happen.

There are a lot of people very close to breaking point right now in the states and something like this could just push them over the edge and it could very well snowball into something unexpected.

The world is in a very different place with many more people than at any other time in history and theres a whole bunch of them not very happy and with **** all to loose.

brim4brim wrote: »
    Won't happen because its too expected so there will be a lot of security. I'm sure you'll here about some half-arsed attempt (been a few already) where a guy was in a town with a gun and said he was going to do it or something and had a plan to go to where Obama was and shoot him but he was caught before he left town. I think most of these are BS. Anyone smart enough to pull it off knows the risks involved and if they are that smart they should know that it isn't worth the risk.

I'd say the only possibility is if important people in Washington considered it convenient for him to disappear and that might be too much a conspiracy theory. If he is actually pushing an agenda for change then people that get rich in the current system aren't going to be too happy though. If such a thing was to happen, it wouldn't happen until he revealed his policies that such people wouldn't like.

Well now brim4brim i didn't really want to be the one who mentioned Washington first but thats kinda the way my thinking would be leading.

Nodin wrote: »
    Well if it does happen and the guy responsible is Irish, I'm changing my name to Yussif Ibn Faisal and getting the ferry to Wales.

:pac: lol **** that, im coming with.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Johnplayerblue: For Pete's sake it's Assassinated not assanaited. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Johnplayerblue: For Pete's sake it's Assassinated not assanaited. :D:D

Ya got in before me with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ya got in before me with that!

It's You not Ya. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A question that has been on my mind lately as well. well the thought that he may be assassinated, not assanaited.

They got JFK, MLK, Bobby, JFK Junior, Paul Wellstone, all the good guys. Had a few goes at Ted Kennedy as well, but he seems to be more difficult to kill than Martin Foley. Look out for the manchurian candidate, a lone assassin. Or a plane crash.

But Obama is the only positive thing happening in the world at the moment (besides the news that Kelly Brook is to be showing her wares on Britain's Got Talent ;-) ). I'm praying that he is not killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

It depends...is he more "useful" alive or dead?
    We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

The aftermath? Two words:

Race riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

SeekUp wrote: »
    The aftermath? Two words:

Race riots.

Maybe that's what they want...who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Doubt it. I would say security will be heightened beyond belief.

There is huge difference between the security for Kennedy and the security 45 years on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Het-Field wrote: »
    There is huge difference between the security for Kennedy and the security 45 years on
    In fairness they didn't have things like this 45 years ago either
    http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/5/5e/SRS99D-S2_AM_Sniper_Rifle.jpg

Fingers crossed Obama is as good as people expect, only way we'll recover here given the holy trinity of eejits in charge of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

They got JFK, MLK, Bobby, JFK Junior, Paul Wellstone, all the good guys. Had a few goes at Ted Kennedy as well, but he seems to be more difficult to kill than Martin Foley. Look out for the manchurian candidate, a lone assassin. Or a plane crash.

But Obama is the only positive thing happening in the world at the moment (besides the news that Kelly Brook is to be showing her wares on Britain's Got Talent ;-) ). I'm praying that he is not killed.

John Kennedy Jr crashed a plane he was flying. Wellstone also died in a plane crash and was not the only person who died in that incident.
    "Got"? Oh ffs...:rolleyes:

What assassination attempts were there on Ted Kennedy, by the way.

One for the Conspiracy Nuts forum methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Assassinated !

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

jdivision wrote: »
    Computer-rendered sniper rifles? Shouldn't be the Secret Service's biggest worry today.
    latchyco wrote: »
    Assassinated !
    Thank you, we've done the spelling thing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

He screwed up the oath.

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, the person who was reading it out screwed it up and confused Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Thank you, we've done the spelling thing already.
    No problem , your welcome .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

jdivision wrote: »

Fingers crossed Obama is as good as people expect, only way we'll recover here given the holy trinity of eejits in charge of the country.

They also didn't have these 45 years ago......http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/f/f9/Halo-3-Banshee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

They also didn't have these 45 years ago......http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/f/f9/Halo-3-Banshee.jpg
    In fact, I'll go out on a limb here - we may not even have those now.

There. I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

In fact, I'll go out on a limb here - we may not even have those now.

There. I said it.

That's where your wrong my friend....unless my xbox has been lying to me! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Well, you never know these days, with the 'evolving' English language. According to Wikipedia, Robert Kennedy was 'assinated' :D:eek::D!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America_(NASL)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

The Raven. wrote: »
    Well, you never know these days, with the 'evolving' English language. According to Wikipedia, Robert Kennedy was 'assinated' :D:eek::D!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America_(NASL)

so why did people hate Kennedy?

Advertisement