Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Replacement Messaging program

• 20-01-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has downloaded a replacement SMS app for the iPhone? I have downloaded MySMS. Just wondering what other people use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I use iRealSMS. It cost about 10 Euro, but was well worth it, I've just Poof to hide Apple's SMS app. iRealSMS gives you landscape typing if you want it, and a real inbox/outbox like a Nokia, as well as the conversation view that Apple's program has. It also has a very neat quick reply feature when you receive a text - from your springboard, when you get a text, the text is shown on screen with a 'close' button and a 'reply' button underneath a small single line text field. Click into the text field, your keyboard appears, and you can write a reply, and hit the reply button. The text is sent, the incoming text is dismissed, all without opening the program. iRealSMS is what Apple should have done with their SMS app, and best of all, there's been about 5 new versions released since I installed it - so the author is definitely working out bugs, etc, and keeping it fresh.

I also use Swirly MMS for picture messaging and find it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Yeah. I use Swirly MMS as well. It's very good. I might switch to iRealSMS I think. I just don't like the interface of MySMS and would prefer to see an inbox, outbox etc. when I click into the program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

CyberDave wrote: »
    Yeah. I use Swirly MMS as well. It's very good. I might switch to iRealSMS I think. I just don't like the interface of MySMS and would prefer to see an inbox, outbox etc. when I click into the program.

Are you able to get SwirlyMMS to work on o2 or are you on another network?

On Vodafone, Sorry. But when i installed it just last week, it found the details i needed automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

SwirlyMMS will only work on any iPhone as long as it has been jailbroken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Eirtext might be a nice option too. Using your network webtexts though. People seem to love it. Not used it myself.

Has anybody succeeded in installing iSMS on an iPhone 3G? Thanks.

Advertisement