Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New question - insurance, livery etc.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I have a few questions and hope someone can help me.
    I'm from Germany and I'm not really used with the equestrian stuff here in Ireland :D

How is it here with liability insurance for the horse? Is it a premise that you have one? If it is - which insurance is good?

Next thing: How is it with the stables - the prices here are weekly, so I have to pay week per week or the price for 4 weeks pre-dated?
    When you buy a horse, is it normal to have a contract of sale and a vet check before buy?

How much do you pay around for the farrier - horseshoes / cutting out?

Hopefully that you understand my confused english :rolleyes::D
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

For public liability insurance when you're out and about you can join the BHS as a gold member. The yard insurance should cover you and your horse when you're on their premises.

For livery, payment arrangements are different depending on the yard you're in. I pay 'per calendar month' cos it suits me and my budgeting.

Full set of shoes is 60-70 euro these days.

That help?

Advertisement