Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 19/01/09 Spoilers

• 20-01-2009 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Vince back and kicked by Orton - Why do i get the feeling that Orton is working with Steph somehow

At least Jericho is back :D and in the RR :D

I keep forgetting that Cody Rhodes and Golddust are brothers

I think this year Orton could win the RR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah half-brothers anyway. I liked how they brought it up. What's with Cody hanging out with Mickie James all the time anyway?

So Vince will have to return again then? :pac:

They havn't got a Raw before the Rumble so there could be qute a few promos going on during the show to sort out what's what. Orton at number 30 to come out methinks.

Good to see Michaels try to rough up Cena. I'm actually looking forward to a JBL match. Feel dirty saying that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

methinks old callway is going to win the rumble this year again......with WM25 being texas and all.......id love to see orton main event WM but cant see how there going to develop a storyline for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if anyone other than HHH wins the rumble i will be amazed, HHH winning it has been built up on smackdown for weeks

anyway raw again delivered in 2009, punk and regal was as stiff as you are likely to see in wwe, punk is now as good as anyone in wwe in the ring bar maybe michaels, jbl/cena/michaels segment built up the match for the rumble but you can see its building to something even greater obviously michaels/cena again :)

i dreaded vince's return but that was a fantastic piece of tv, especially when orton came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Did something go wrong with that kick on Vince's head? Did you see the neck twisting? Not sure Orton hit Vince as it was supposed to tbh!

Orton is damn good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rossie1977 wrote: »
    anyway raw again delivered in 2009, punk and regal was as stiff as you are likely to see in wwe.

Yeah, stop.

When punk had him up for the GTS, The elbows were a bit much!!:o

I enjoyed that raw I must say. Decent promos, decent matches for the most part.

I have one problem though. Thats the overwhelming sense of deja vu with the rey/knox storyine. Surely some of the laziest writing creative have ever passed off. He literally had that exact same underdog story a month or two ago.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Austin vs. Orton for WrestleMania.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Austin vs. Orton for WrestleMania.

Thats what I was thinking! I think Michaels will somehow win the Rumble; perhaps one of the 30 drops out due to injury at the last minute and he kindly takes the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if anyone other than HHH wins the rumble I will be amazed, HHH winning it has been built up on smackdown for weeks
    Agreed, Super Hunter has the rumble in the bag, honestly I can’t believe that people think anybody else has a chance.
    Anyways decent Raw despite only one good match. Punk winning was great; I hope to god he gets a main event push this year as he is really over. He versus Cena would be very interesting. I hate Cryme Time, I hope mizorrison don’t lose the belt to those two losers.
    Also Mike Knox voice? :p
    And he does not why he is attacking Rey:rolleyes: Way to build up a fued.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah Knox's voice does not equal Knox's presumed attitude and ruthlessness. He has to learn to husk up a bit when talking otherwise it just sounds like he's attacking Mysterio because in reality - he loves him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

OrtonPunt.gif

CuckFena2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

brolly wrote: »
    Thats what I was thinking! I think Michaels will somehow win the Rumble; perhaps one of the 30 drops out due to injury at the last minute and he kindly takes the spot.

By my count there's only 21 spots taken so far, that leaves space. I think JBL will beat Cena and face Michaels at WrestleMania for the title.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

By my count there's only 21 spots taken so far, that leaves space. I think JBL will beat Cena and face Michaels at WrestleMania for the title.

Agreed - Austin v Orton:D
    JBL v HBK:D

Mania is looking good so far;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jeffk wrote: »
    OrtonPunt.gif
    Holy Sh/it! That was a kick!!

CuckFena2.jpg

Wow.... about 2 years late with that one... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

JBL in the main event at Wrestlemania....:confused:

It would take a wrestling god to get a good match out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wow.... about 2 years late with that one... :confused:

Well there both from a this weeks raw post and im not shocked with the kick.
    I mean this is from the man that basically head butted the ladder against hbk @ mania.Just another one of vinces im one of the boys moments!!!

Well there both from a this weeks raw post and im not shocked with the kick.
    I mean this is from the man that basically head butted the ladder against hbk @ mania.Just another one of vinces im one of the boys moments!!!

Yeah i meant the dude with the sign.. not you jeff.. i love you really ;)

Anywayyyyy..... Vince is a muppet, like if he had to have gotten legit injured (which is what i thought initially) it wouldve been his fault..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Did Randy Orton borrow Ric Flair's tanning lotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

That's what I meant! Surely that was more than planned! It could have easily broken Vince's neck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i think this aswell! it is in texas isnt it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Yeah i meant the dude with the sign.. not you jeff.. i love you really ;)

Anywayyyyy..... Vince is a muppet, like if he had to have gotten legit injured (which is what i thought initially) it wouldve been his fault..

you initially thought he was really injured??!! wow

• Advertisement

you initially thought he was really injured??!! wow

well when i seen that crick in his neck i was worried but then when i seen the over-reaction i remembered "Oh yeah, this is WWE... and thats the guy who was blown up, stuff dropped on..:rolleyes:"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Vince catching a beating was priceless but otherwise Raw was ass, there was probably 10 minutes wrestling on the show including two crap diva matches

Was there any doubt that punk was taking the title, they need to stop this home town win run they are on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

From Jim Ross and JRsBarBQ.com:

Mr. McMahon got pretty banged up from being punted by Randy Orton Monday night. Word has it the Chairman may have sustained a concussion (unconfirmed) but he did receive a cut either on or above his ear from RKO's boot laces. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

CuckFena2.jpg
    I've always wanted to go to a show and bring a sign saying something like "Cena, we don't want to see you" or "Cena, I'm glad I can't see you".

Advertisement