Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join Up Demonstration 21st January at Callaighstown

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

A Join Up Demonstration with Caroline Jennings is scheduled for Wednesday 21 January at Calliaghstown Equestrian Centre at 8pm.

Caroline is the first Monty Roberts Certified Instructor in Ireland and will be demonstrating the process of Join Up. This process, as described by Monty Roberts, is briefly when a horse makes the choice to be with a person rather than removing themselves from that person and can be the first step in the horse accepting eg the bridle and saddle and in resolving any phobias and fears it might have. Communicating with the horse through the language of Equus, a series of gestures described by Monty Roberts, provides a gentle alternative to the traditional ideas of 'breaking' of horses.

Caroline will talk briefly about what she will demonstrate and, using one or two horses, will illustrate the process, and afterwards will be happy to take questions

The demonstration is open to all riding club members. There is a charge of €10 per head which will cover refreshments.

As the region has to cover the cost of the demonstration it's important that I know as soon as possible how many are attending. If you want to attend and are a riding club member please either contact your club secretary or Pm to let us know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

why is it confined to riding club members?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Its because of insurance - its being organised by the riding club region
    Caroline does hope to organise some more demonstrations herself going forwards which will be unrestricted.
    I will post when I have details if the mods permit. Nothing organised yet

Advertisement