Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire Broadband

• 20-01-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Have any of you used Airwire's basic package ? Residential - 512k Contention 20:1 No Cap €200 Installation & €30.25 a month after.

I've been using O2 3g for over a year and am fed up, look at the speed I got off it last night :

o2bbspeed1035pm.jpg

Don't know for sure if I can get it but will be looking at getting either this or Brisknet shortly as the O2 is a waste of time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I have airwire and find it great. I use it all the time, and for p2p and always get the full speed:D

I have a friend no Brisknet near newbridge area and the speeds are crap and the connection keeps dropping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Thanks. I'm not a million miles away from Newbridge, will give Airwire first shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Hi,

you can see our coverage at: http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/coverage

The "pointers" are only indications, we cover around 20 km of each of these, but tree's, hills and other stuff might be in the way.

In general around Newbridge shouldn't be too difficult. If you are east of it, our coverage goes as far as Ballyforan and Knockcroghery. On the north up to around Mt. Mary. South we cover Ballymacward, Colemanstown, Gurteen, Menlough, Moylough, I think we also have customers around Mountbellew and west, well .. Glennamaddy is still a bit of an issue, which will be solved soon, but south of that and west of Newbridge, no issues.

If you call our main number and choose 1 for sales, they'll be able to tell you anyhow, what the chances are. We know the areas we cover ourselfes and pretty much most of the town lands, too.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Technical Manager
    Airwire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Martin,
    That's fine, I spoke with yourself on the phone 2 days ago (We got cut off) and Ciaran left a message on my phone today saying someone would be out in the next 2 weeks to test.

Thanks.
    David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Martin,
    That's fine, I spoke with yourself on the phone 2 days ago (We got cut off) and Ciaran left a message on my phone today saying someone would be out in the next 2 weeks to test.

Yep, I think that was the second person I got cut off at that roundabout. There's something odd about the roundabout coming from the quincenteniell bridge towards westside. Cellphones don't like it :)

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 oran2011

Im a new airwire customer. Upgraded to top household package, included latest aerial and software package from airwire. On top of that I have the latest cissco router and extender technology available (400euros).
    The service I havens 3mb for 45 euro month. In summary, it's is a JOKE. It's been 15 years since I have experienced Internet so so slow. It takes 3 hours or more to download a basic iPad app. You cannot stream (not watch, stream) 9 out of every 10 movies clips (e.g YouTube).
    Airwire dare charge me 45 euro for this "service"? Robbery. Take airwire as a last resort. How do they get a licence to rob people like us!??
    All the Anglo bank tapes going on air at the moment.... Well airwire is right up there street.

AIRWIRE.... Improve ur service and give a service worth 45 euros a month. If you do I would be more than gladly give an updated review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

This thread is 4 years old. A bit far fetched, to resurrect such an old thread.

As for your support issues, the only way you're going to get them resolved is to contact support at 091-865 968 or via email at support@airwire.ie.

Due to the anonymous nature of boards.ie, we can't give you any customer specific support here, as we would have no trace of the support query nor any way of matching your username to an account.

/M

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

zombie thread, die

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement