Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Erase in Metal Morphosis Dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All, Metal Morphosis in temple bar has closed and I'm in the process of having a tattoo removed. The tattooists name was a london guy named Dave from Tattoo Erase, would anyone have his number by any chance?
    I lost his card and now I'm stuck with half a tattoo and Metal Morphosis UK won't give me Dave's number. Any help much appreciated!:)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi there! I don't have a number unfortunately, but I found a page of contacts for their Clinics in the UK, so maybe if you get in contact with one of them, they can put you in touch with Dave, or tell you if they have another practice in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Haras07

Hi Rayho,

I have been getting tatto removal done in Methal Morphosis and i have had quite a few and it is still not gone yet. Did they ring you to tell you they shut? I was ringing them trying to make an appointment and couldn't get an answer so i went in and seen that the shop was closed down. I have been on to head office as i am so angry and i am also left with half a tattoo. They said there trying to set it up in the UK and they won't know if that will happen till a few months away but if it does happen they said i would have to travel to the UK to continue it and pay for flights. I think that is ridiculos.

They had said to me that my last session was free but now it's not going to be.

How did you find it went, i had to get loads more sessions than they first said i had to and i'm getting it done a very long time now.

I have Dave's email address but all of a sudden he won't answer my emails. I have been getting reply's from Sue in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rayho

Thanks toots85 will try that! Thanks Haras07, my friend rang to arrange a new appointment. She had her first session 8/9 months ago and she's only ready now for her next session (Dave said her skin was still raised and red). They said it should take 3 or 4 sessions so hopefully it will coz thats 3 times I'll have to travel to the UK for it. So it was totally by chance that we found out about it cloing, it is rediculous! Been on to the Head Office too and they're no help at all they just keep apologising and saying they'll get Dave to call which never happens. Don't know why they don't pass on his number?

Will you do me a favour if he gets on to you will you send his number on to me and I'll do the same for you k!!

Rayho

Hi Rayho, i told Methal Morphosis i couldn't wait around to find out if it would continue in the UK so i went to two laser cenres to get it finished because im getting the tatto removal done quite some time now. The two laser centres said that they will not touch the area as it looks very scarred and they told me to go to my GP and get the GP to reffer me to a dermotologist to she what they say. Im fumming and not letting this go.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Why did it close?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Lots of rumors flying around as to why, me i've no clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

Sorry to hear that.

I found the whole process a bit suspect ?? When you get a tattoo it is scarring the skin. So when you get this procedure tattoo erase it is in fact scaring your skin everytime you have a treatment.
    I think they should have informed their customers of the side effects !!!

Thanks, yes they definitely should have rather than telling us that there isn't really much risk of Scarring as there would be with Laser Treatment. They should have not continued on me or anyone else if they knew that i was scarring badly how was I to know I’m not a dermatologist. If they had of been trained properly the would have known i was scarring.

Has anyone else been getting this treatment and left with half a tattoo and if so what are you doing about it and how will you get the rest removed. My appointment with my dermatologist is next month so I just have to wait for that and see what he says about it and then let my solicitor know to see if anything can be done. I'm so annoyed with Tattoo Erase for leaving me in this situation. I'll have to cover the area up for another summer now it's depressing.

Has anyone actually completed there tattoo removal with Tattoo Erase and what do you think?
    Thanks.

Not sure what i done there i'll try post that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bluebell10

Hi, I had 3 sessions with Dave, so I'm one of those people left with half a tattoo. I spoke to Dave a few weeks ago - he answered the phone when I called the shop and he said that the shop wasn't doing well and was not reopening. I only have two tattoo erase sessions left to get so I'm not too happy. I will say that when I had my first session he told me there is a risk of scarring and the form I signed basically stated that I was aware of the risks. Luckily I have not had any scarring and approx half my tattoo is gone. I saw a consultant about laser and they recommended I try and get it finished with the Tattoo erase as laser won't get rid of the colour of my tattoo (its green and laser doesn't get rid of it). So at the moment it looks like I will have to go to the UK. I'm going to wait and see if anywhere else in Ireland starts doing it. Will update if I find someone in Dublin...

• Advertisement

The laser centre I was at told me not to let Tattoo Erase touch my arm again as it is too scared. I'm waiting on my appointment to see a dermatologist next month to see what I can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cookieainey

Hi there everyone, i'm new to this.

i had one session with Dave in Dublin last september and i was delighted with the results. was planning to go to him this february but i received a letter from the clinic in the uk telling me that metalmorphosis had ceased trading in dublin and i would have to travel to the uk to get it done - serious bummer. so i ordered this cream from www.tattooremovalcream.co.uk (from the dragons den programme) and would you believe it? its actually faded my tattoos and they are bright red and blue which is apparently the hardest colour to fade. laser is very bad for your skin it actually pushes the ink further into your skin. my friend had it done and it ended in tears and debt!! :mad: for anyone who cant afford to travel to get it done i would recommend the cream in the meantime to keep fading it down. this cream is very similar to tattbgone in the us.

hope this was of some help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I'm highly skeptical of this cream, can you post some before and after pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

That website is the most suspect thing ever. Why would you sell a tattoo removal cream and provide no evidence that it works? All they have is an animated gif (riiiight) and a scattering of text-only success stories.

hi guys

i was VERY sceptical of these tattoo removal creams also. the site, il agree, is as dodgy looking!! and i read so many bad reports. but i've been plesantly surprised!! i'm only using it about 3 weeks on a large tattoo i have on my forearm and the red pigment is starting to break down and fade already. its pretty awesome actually!! i might post a pic up every month or something and see if we can see a noticeable difference. il take a picture today and post it up and then again in a month.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Cheers, I'm looking to get some stuff removed myself so who knows.

ok so this is my tattoo that im using the cream on. you can see the few dots where dave did the patch test earlier in the year which removed the ink beautifully i that area *sob* no fair!! but il post up a pic every month and see if we can see much of a difference.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This cream, if it works that well, might be a good investment for those looking to claim back an area of already tattooed skin for a cover up job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spiriduss

Hi guys, I'd like to share with you my experience with metal morphosis. Ive got a quite big tattoo on my arm and it was actually cover up already. Came to them, want to get rid of some part which were still visible after cover up - small lines actually. 1st treatment was ok, in 5 months I could see that the place is getting well. Second treatment disaster. Have two scars around 2 cm already for 1.5 year. I would really suggest to avoid to contact them or finding them. Laser removal seems to be much better option. At the moment I have not just a problem with lines of my old tattos. The scars are red and very visible and do not know how to get rid of them now. Ok best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Bit redundant now, Metal Morphosis has been closed for months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spiriduss

Well maybe, but there are still some people looking for guys which are doing that tattoo erase

Hi spiriduss,

you need to use bio oil on the area twice a day and REALLY rub it into the area for about 2minutes. the after treatment is thee MOST important part. some of my arms are a little more scarred and taking longer to heal than others but that is because of the scarring from the actual tattooing itself u know?

i have some cover ups done too and the skin below is so sensitive it must be awfully scarred so i imagine if i got tattoo erase over it to try and remove some of it, it would be very painful and lenghty to heal but im sure it WILL heal. just give it some more time and plenty of tlc!!:p

tattoo erase really is by far the most over all successful and safe removal, well in my opinion!! :D talk to any dermatologist/laser treatment client and theyl tell/show you the dangers. please dont get any more laser done.. its so bad for your poor skin!! :eek: would you put up some piccys for us? that would be really helpful. thanks in advance.

Ainey:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lyla21

Hi just saw this so i said i'd join! I've been geeting tatoo erase done, had 2 sessions with elaine, bout 4 with that guy from England cnt rem his name, I was trying to make another appointment then I got a letter saying there closed down. I've been left with half a tatoo. I've been e-mailing Dave over in London but hes not exactly been helpful. I was trying to find someware in Manchester or Liverpool to finish my treatment but no luck. Was just wondering if anyone has gone to England for the treatment since it closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redorange

Hi i had two sessions with BIG dave who informed me he was in dublin two years and wasn't going anywhere! Yea rite what a shocker when i recived the letter i was so angry with half a horrible tatto left on my arm. I sent him a not so nice e-mail and he never responded. I talked to a solictor friend of mine who told me i haven't got a leg to stand on because i didn't pay him a lump sum only on sessions and we didn't have anything signed to say he would carry out so many sessions. But i haven't got the money to be flying to london so i sent a e-mail to tatto erase web site and got a reply saying someone was intrested in doing tatto erase in ireland but haven't heard anything back i think he just said that to shut me up. Im so feed up with my smelly half removed tatto that dave **** sould of had the decenty to finish off what clinets he had left like it wouldn't of cost him much to rent a space in another tatto parlour and finish people off i wouldn't of minded paying a bit extra

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sandrag552

redorange wrote: »
    Hi i had two sessions with BIG dave who informed me he was in dublin two years and wasn't going anywhere! Yea rite what a shocker when i recived the letter i was so angry with half a horrible tatto left on my arm. I sent him a not so nice e-mail and he never responded. I talked to a solictor friend of mine who told me i haven't got a leg to stand on because i didn't pay him a lump sum only on sessions and we didn't have anything signed to say he would carry out so many sessions. But i haven't got the money to be flying to london so i sent a e-mail to tatto erase web site and got a reply saying someone was intrested in doing tatto erase in ireland but haven't heard anything back i think he just said that to shut me up. Im so feed up with my smelly half removed tatto that dave **** sould of had the decenty to finish off what clinets he had left like it wouldn't of cost him much to rent a space in another tatto parlour and finish people off i wouldn't of minded paying a bit extra
    Hi i was just wondering did u hear back from tattoo erase about doing it in dublin again as i have 2 more treatments to go too and dont fancy going to England for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redorange

Hi :)
    no i haven't heard anything back from tatto erase main web page. The e-mail i got back said i have somebody in Dublin who is interested in taking on the licence, and you may yet be able to visit MM in london, but as yet i do not have a deal. That was on the 15th April i got that e-mail and it was from so maybe if all the people who are left with unfinished tatto erase e-mail this guy he might pull his finger out and see that there is a demand for this again in Dublin dunno just a taut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

publishing people's emails without their consent is not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sandrag552

redorange wrote: »
    Hi :)
    no i haven't heard anything back from tatto erase main web page. The e-mail i got back said i have somebody in Dublin who is interested in taking on the licence, and you may yet be able to visit MM in london, but as yet i do not have a deal. That was on the 15th April i got that e-mail and it was from so maybe if all the people who are left with unfinished tatto erase e-mail this guy he might pull his finger out and see that there is a demand for this again in Dublin dunno just a taut
    Thanks for getting back Yeah i will get straight on to them maybe they will do something for us i will let you know what they say thanks

Hi, those of you that where left with half a tattoo because of Metal Morphosis have you have any laser treatments to get it finished and if so how did it go?

I'm finding it quite hard no laser centre wants to touch it because of the scarring left from the session in Metal Morphosis.

Any feedback from those in the same position as me would be great.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skype909

Hi Guys,
    I own a Health Clinic in the south of ireland, we are already pretty sucessful with BOTOX & Laser Teeth Whitening. I looked into this Tattoo Erase and seems the best option to naturally get rid of the tattoo. What i'm wondering is should i bither, is it that sucessful as i haven't directly met anyone that has used it?

Advertisement