Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gym & pool, any feedback?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of the new gym and pool? I'm a member in JS at the moment but membership of the new gym seems to be way cheaper per month so am considering swapping as the ol purse strings tighten this year. Any feedback would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I joined when it opened, and have had no complaints about it. They are constantly cleaning the changing room areas and the gym is kept tidy. Never seems to be too many people up there when I'm there. Staff are very friendly too.

One thing to look at before you join is the pool hours, the public hours don't seem to suit some people. I can go whenever I want but if you can only go at certain times then you might find there are classes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

So how's everyone getting on with it now?

Everytime I'm there it's packed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

was finally in there on Sunday - its a great facility. Still think the prices are too high though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Is it cheaper than Skelly's up the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Thx for the feedback. I've cancelled by JS memebership in favour of the new gym. Yes is considerably cheaper, JS is about €122 per month for myself and wife and Shoreline is €89.There is also no joining fee. In these thifty times, its seems to make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Thx for the feedback. I've cancelled by JS memebership in favour of the new gym. Yes is considerably cheaper, JS is about €122 per month for myself and wife and Shoreline is €89.There is also no joining fee. In these thifty times, its seems to make sense.

DON'T GET ME STARTED..............In these thifty times it would make sense to have a swim only membership for those families that don't want to pay €20 to go for a swim at a time they want.:eek:

GingerDave wrote: »
    DON'T GET ME STARTED..............In these thifty times it would make sense to have a swim only membership for those families that don't want to pay €20 to go for a swim at a time they want.:eek:

Thing is they don't and I doubt they will. The normal membership signup is ahead of projections from what I was told, so the chances of them offering it are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I can confirm Commander's comment...I also enquired about if they would offer swim only and they said things are going well and don't have to bring in that incentive to have people sign up.

However I would personally prefer a swim only membership as I wouldn't be into using the gym section. Anyways, at the end of all of this, the swim times are not flexible enough for me i.e. no Saturday morning slots for public swim so I just don't bother. I have only been once anyway!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

What about the big sports hall there? I've only ever seen the odd few people in there having a kick about. Are any of the local sports clubs or teams using it?

failsafe wrote: »
    What about the big sports hall there? I've only ever seen the odd few people in there having a kick about. Are any of the local sports clubs or teams using it?

from what I can see while walking by it there's a badminton club, 5 aside & basketball. I think there's a timetable on the wall. Its available to private hire too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Sure don't the boardsies play b-ball down there?

Only actually noticed the notice board tonight, didn't have time to check it out though!

I wonder do many schools in the area use it?

Advertisement