Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 fps ?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Im just trying to understand stuff a bit more but if i had a gun that shoot's
    200fps could i mod this gun to make say 320 fps ?
    and if so how ?:)

would batreys or springs help or does it need more then just that ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

would batterys or springs help or does it need more then just that ?

Usually not as simple as that.
    The battery will only really affect the rate of fire and not change the power.
    You could simply change the spring but find the gearbox cant push the heavier spring/has to work too hard/chews gears etc...

best thing is tell us what gun you are trying to change and the numerous guru's will quickly put you in the picture.:)

I suspect that if it's a low powered AEG to start with - it might simply not be worth it in either time, effort or expense. but if it's an half ok AEG (clone or not) with a problem resulting in the low FPS, then it could be a simple enough fix...

What's the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

What gun is it? Well P90?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Usually not as simple as that.
    The battery will only really affect the rate of fire and not change the power.
    You could simply change the spring but find the gearbox cant push the heavier spring/has to work too hard/chews gears etc...

best thing is tell us what gun you are trying to change and the numerous guru's will quickly put you in the picture.:)

I suspect that if it's a low powered AEG to start with - it might simply not be worth it in either time, effort or expense. but if it's an half ok AEG (clone or not) with a problem resulting in the low FPS, then it could be a simple enough fix...

What's the gun?

asg ak47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If its the rebranded cm.022 i.e the LPEG then upgrading it would be utterly pointless and not economical at all..all those guns have plastic internals. And I imagine it has to be that one, as no AEG would fire at 200fps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

And I imagine it has to be that one, as no AEG would fire at 200fps...
    :eek::D:D:D:D
    I have one - KWA M4 (when it's not blowing fuses etc)

I must just be lucky...:D:D:D:D

but yea I agree Terror;)

edit:
    Re ASG AK47; I know nothing about this AEG but I'd just keep it "as-is" and use it for CQB and put your money to something better next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

If its the rebranded cm.022 i.e the LPEG

in engrish?

basically like this one:

http://www.dpciwholesale.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1279&category_id=188

Made from plastic, including the internals, with lengths of metal used internally to add weight. Usually fire at 150-200fps, and cost anything from 20-50 euro usually. Mostly made by Double Eagle, Well, CYMA, BOYI, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I had one, they are pretty much junk really...Stripped it to see if there was any point moddifing it but it really is a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

jesus 21 dorrar the upgraded hop up would cost about the same as the gun

zero19 wrote: »
    I had one, they are pretty much junk really...Stripped it to see if there was any point moddifing it but it really is a waste of time

I had one as well, it was alright for messing around and only cost 30 euro. I dropped it from a height of about 50cm though and the barrel and stock broke clean off, these things are very fragile. Had to glue it back together. Opened it up as well to find a few filthy rusty pieces of iron in the handgrip/stock. Cracking open the gun in half during a skirmish and flinging the iron would probably give you a better range. :D

for just messing around your house and shooting cans and stuff though they're pretty fun. Some of them cost as little as 20 euro and the ones I've used have fired up to 1,000 rounds without any misfires or general problems, so although the lifespan is probably really short compared to a proper AEG, for someone using them the odd time they actually last quite a while. The coolest one I owned was the cyma cm.023, an mp5 that came with rails, scope, silencer, hi-cap + low cap mags, battery charger etc for 40 euro and weighed almost the same as the proper metal gearbox version - and it had a hell of a lot better build quality then a lot of other lpegs.

this dude:

[IMG][/img]mp5_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lol i also have that very MP5 missing most accessories though! Great replica that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Oh, you can see the screw holes, sexy...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

would batreys or springs help or does it need more then just that ?

I suspect you may have the ASG SLR105 as below, These are the ones I got from Shblob last week. The bottom two have been repaired with Araldite and various Fixings/bits from my spares box. The 'weights' can be seen and look like reinforcing bar offcuts. These guns are all plastic and are really only for hanging on the wall or light use, they all break in the 2 same places, first barrel joint and the stock/receiver. Fun to repair though.
    I'd forget about upgrades and go for an AK74s/u as said in previous posts.
    picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Thanks for your help peeps I just wanted to find out if it was plauseable to buy the guns and then mos them but like you all say not really worth ok for walls but for skermishing wed probably break them with in a day :D....

but thanks for your help folks :)

Advertisement