Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on rent supplement 2009

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't dig up what i need to know on here so sorry if im dragging up what has been covered many times

Anyway...I was wondering is it possible to find out if you qualify/calculate rent supplement before securing your private accommodation? and then taking it to the landlord (obviously one who stated they accept it) to save on renting a place and then finding out you dont qualify afterwards

I would be looking to share as a couple with my current situation being

me - unemployed for 12 months
    girlfriend - in part time employment

ps we have out deposit saved up and want to thread carefully before making that step further so any information would be greatly appreciated

cheers

EDIT. I have a feeling it is only possible to find if you qualify first rather than getting it calculated until you have your accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your local community welfare officer. Note there are limits on what will be paid, depending on your circumstances.

Advertisement