Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebooks on LG Viewty

• 20-01-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi i can download ebooks from the net and read them on my viewty in jar format and i was wondering can anyone tell me how to convert from doc to jar as a lot of ebooks are still in doc format

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Hmm, I've never come across this format before. Have a look at the ebook formats section at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/

On their wiki I see this...

mjbookmaker will convert and text etc, to a java ebook (jar) for mobile phones. Jartoprc_w will convert the jar to palm prc.

So maybe you could convert it to .prc using that jartoprc_w and then extract the text from that using some tool from the forums above ? Or install Mobipocket Reader (I think) onto your phone and use that to read the .prc file directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

thanks mack ur post was very helpful and i will try that when i get home

Advertisement