Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No running water in new afforable apartment

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I bought a 2 bed apt throught the affordable housing scheme, in NOV.
    when i moved in there was no running water in the bathroom, got onto the
    site foreaman and he arragned a plumber to fix it. he changed the pump and i thought all was well, as it turns out it wasnt the pump at all. So back onto the foreman and he said he'd get a plumber & electrican to have a look. that was over a week ago and i have been unable to get throught to him by phone. plus i heard the foreman is leveaving the site ealry Feb.

to cut a long story short, who deals with this from now on the council or my solicitor? I cant move in until I have water. 1. is i am paying for an apt i cant move into too, 2. i want to rent out my spare room too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

did you check if the valve under the sink in the kitchen has been turn off? It could be that the builder has just not turned that on yet

If not.. then you need to keep at the builder...but also let your solicitor know that there is a problem.

I'm surprised this didnt turn up in a snag list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sunnydelight

thanks for reply. it is working in the kitchen, but none in bathroom. It wasnt on the snag list which the council did and i had to pay them for it.
    the rest of the block have running water. and the foreman has just told me he doesnt know what is causing it. he has replaced the pump for a 2nd time, it is now working but there is a delay before the water runs from the taps. and when i first had water there was the same delay for the water to come through and then it stopped working. trying to avoid getting solicitor involved as cost so much and broke at the moment
    daheff wrote: »
    did you check if the valve under the sink in the kitchen has been turn off? It could be that the builder has just not turned that on yet

If not.. then you need to keep at the builder...but also let your solicitor know that there is a problem.

I'm surprised this didnt turn up in a snag list?

Advertisement