Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NIKON SB600 WONT TURN ON

• 20-01-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all
    I work with 2 sb600's but when i went to turn one of them on nothing happened.I've cleaned the contacts,changed the batteries,its been well looked after (no knocks) - you name it ive done but the bloody thing still wont work.Its just outside of its warranty period by a couple of months so returning it is out.Sending it to be repaired( if even possible) would probably cost as much as buying a new one.Ive checked the net and i dont seem to be the only one with this problem.Now heres the questions - does anybody have a cure,will my other one go the same way and is it worth buying a new one if this is what happens them. I thought this sort of thing did not happen with Nikon. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Simple things first. Have you checked that all the batteries are fitted in the right direction? (Someone VERY close to this keyboard was cought with that one!)

Does the switch feel like it's making contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adcon

yeah ive checked all the obvious,switch feels exactly the same as the other unit that is working,batteries are fitted ok,ive tried a couple of different sets all fully charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Is it a second hand one? How many flashes has gone off (I remember reading on a forum that someone was disappointed with the life of the SB600s - they *only* used the flash 20,000 times that year (studio/wedding photographer))

Does it whine at all when you press the button? It could be a problem with the capacitator. I only a SB-600 too and it's been performing fine for over a year now (I'd say I've flashed it around 2,000 times...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

My SB600 failed last week, similar symptoms as op. dead as a doornail. But mine had dropped on a soft landing. Anyway I sent it off to The SLR Service Centre in Rathmolyon, Co. Meath and they fixed it Cost just 160 euro which included a 20 euro courier charge for delivery. They said it was the charging circuit that was faulty. Their number is 046 0557151. Hope this is of help

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Is it still under guarantee? This happened to one of mine before Christmas and I popped it back to the shop. It just stopped working, wouldn't turn on and the batteries were fresh.
    Nikon just replaced an internal board and it's fine now again. They didn't say what the cause was. Check when you bought it and go back with it if it's not too late. Even if it is only marginally out I would go back to the shop and try your luck, particularly if there have been that many firings on it.
    Bit odd that there a few cases have show up here in reply to your posting I wonder if there is an inherent problem with them.
    Any one else out there with a problem with the SB600?

• Advertisement
Advertisement