Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing CSV's into Sage - Line 50 v12

Options
  • 20-01-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot..

I'm working on a web app (ASP.NET - C#) that creates Invoices, PO's etc.. which eventually need to be imported into Sage Line 50 v12 specifically..

Does anyone know if this is possible to create a CSV file and import it into Sage without having to buy a 3rd party tool?

There is instructions in Sage Line 50 on how to structure a CSV for importing the following types:
    • Customer / Supplier
    • Nominal Ledger
    • Audit Trail Transactions
    • Stock Records
    • Stock Transactions
    • Project Records

There is no mention of the CSV file structure for PO's, Invoices which is what I need. Also, a means of directly inserting the CSV into Sage would be great but not 100% essential at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Seán

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Yes it is possible. Ive done it before for a different company. Cant remember the format you need but you should be able to find out if you contact sage. its not to difficult to do.

N.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You can use Sage data Objects to create Purchase Orders and Invoices. The last time I did this for a client importing a CSV for these was not available. I used the Sage Data Objects it worked fine and when they upgraded from version 10 to version 11 and then to version 12 all that was required each time was a recompile of the programme to include the relevant version of the objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

if you are trying to bring the data in through CSV you can only bring it in through the audit trail import, this will create a seperate line in the audit trail for each line of your Sales Order. To do it through the SDO method you need to contact Sage to get their developer kit, that way you can bring the enitre SO through as a single item.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

@FSL
    Official Notification

As of 17th of February 2009, the websites www.sagedataobjects.com and www.omadataobjects.com have been taken off-line in respect of a request from Sage (UK) Limited to cease offering our software without their consent.

We would advise any body interested in Sage products to go directly to the
    official sage website at www.sage.co.uk

Just my luck.

@Wandering Monk
    This system I am working on is a bespoke solution for a client and the guide-line price from Sage is completely over budget. I think they wanted something like ~€1500. I have gone down the Audit Trail import route whilst awaiting feedback from the client regarding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

there is a full sile structure of the csv import within the Sage 50 that you can use to design the import, you may be better off just bringing in the totals however as each line of the invoice will use a transaction to bring in the component parts of the invoice. If the client has a lot of invoice lines per invoice (handheld scanner for example) it could bring in 40 to 50 transactions per invoice, while the invoice number is the same across the board each transaction uses a seperate audit trail number.

Cheers and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

I reckon Perl would do it.

Advertisement