Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking a recurring credit card payment with a dodgy company.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to cancel a recurring direct debit with a dodgy company that will not co operate. Ie They will not respond to my emails re cancellation. Is there any way of blocking this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

yeah - ring the credit card company!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Go to the bank, go to a manager tell them you want to cancel a direct debit. They will make you sign a form saying that you instructed them to cancel said direct debit. I had to do it with meteor before. Dodgiest company around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

darc wrote: »
    yeah - ring the credit card company!
    I did and they said it was up to me to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Are you not able to cancel it online? I know I am, takes 3 clicks to be exact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Susipoo

I did and they said it was up to me to stop it.

It is up to you to stop it, but it's bizarre that the credit card said that to you without progressing - it's with the credit card that you stop the payments!

Direct Debits and Standing Orders have to be cancelled in writing (online banking counts as writing). Can you ask the credit card company to provide the contact details you need?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sorted Cheers. :)

Advertisement