Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

zone lock on xbox!!

• 20-01-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

hi im going buyin an xbox...with pound:euro rate i myt look at 1from northern ireland...is there any zone locks on console or games etc....:confused:im nt very knowledgable on all this

😎

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

happy days..newry is only about an hour away.maybe less.
    im looking at the specs..but its all a blur now...
    whats dif between d arcarde and the next model...
    why so many models:rolleyes:im confused...:(

i am just looking for an xbox,that will let me play some fifa,pes maybe a shooting game...bit a crack..:Di have an ipod and dvd player so it doesnt need to play dvds and store loads and loads....lol...
    so whats d difference in them all...should memory be a factor for me?

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

happy days..newry is only about an hour away.maybe less.
    im looking at the specs..but its all a blur now...
    whats dif between d arcarde and the next model...

i am just looking for an xbox,that will let me play some fifa,pes maybe a shooting game...bit a crack..:Di have an ipod and dvd player so it doesnt need to play dvds and store loads and loads....lol...
    so whats d difference in them all...should memory be a factor for me?

The arcade has a memory card (256mb I think?) instead of a hard drive.
    This will be plenty for a few save games but won't allow you to download demo's or downloadable content for games (e.g. new map packs, levels etc.
    It also won't allow you to use one of the newest features, i.e. install games onto the HDD to increase loading times and decrease noise.

Latest Premium comes with 60GB HDD, and the Elite comes with 120GB HDD.

but the arcade have enof memory to play say fifa online??also can u tell me if the mem card comes with the xbox?

thanks for your help;)

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

but the arcade have enof memory to play say fifa online??also can u tell me if the mem card comes with the xbox?

thanks for your help;)

Yes it comes with the 256mb card with 5 arcade games on it so probably not awhole lot of space left on it after that. It should still be plenty to play FIFA online, I used to play online with just the 64mb card.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Unless you are really, really strapped for cash then get youself the premium that comes with the hard drive. You'll be missing out on potentially a lot of extras for your games in the future otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've a friend who got the arcade version as well and is having lots of issues playing online games due to being so low on save space. Only affects his online play though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

3 models?! Your easily confused!!

3 models...for one console...that plays games..very little difference in them apart from price and memory as far as i can see...ps3 started with two or 3 memory versions..as far as i know they snappd out of that daft idea pretty quick...why shud they not just but the max memory in..production costs would be higher...???ya ryt..and zebras are red..:D

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

The reason there are different models is so microsoft can make more money. Most people that buy the arcade realise after a while that they need the hard drive. They go out and spend €100 on a 60 gig drive, ending up with a system that cost them €280 when they could have got the same system for €220 at the start. Moral of the story: don't buy the arcade

Advertisement