Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing long threads

Options
  • 20-01-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

There are some very long threads (e.g this one) which I would like to be able to print out and read offline (can't stare at screen long enough to read them all). If I ask for the thread to be sorted as a printable page, there is an option to: "Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page". In my example thread above, that is still 13 pages that have to be individually clicked on and printed.

My question: Is there any way to list all the posts in along thread on one big long page that I can then print (instead of just 40 posts per page)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not possible unfortunately. If that option was available, a lot of people would attempt to use it all the time for reading threads. This would cause a ridiculous and completely crippling load on the database server.

When you take into account that some threads are thousands of "pages" long, you can see why this just isn't an option.

If you are having trouble staring at the screen, a lot of people find that white text on a black background is easier to read. You can change the look of boards to suit you.

There are a number of different styles in the top menu under boards.ie > Change Styles. Perhaps try a few of them - notably the "Black" and "Cloud" style, and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

seamus wrote: »
    Not possible unfortunately. If that option was available, a lot of people would attempt to use it all the time for reading threads. This would cause a ridiculous and completely crippling load on the database server.

When you take into account that some threads are thousands of "pages" long, you can see why this just isn't an option.

If you are having trouble staring at the screen, a lot of people find that white text on a black background is easier to read. You can change the look of boards to suit you.

There are a number of different styles in the top menu under boards.ie > Change Styles. Perhaps try a few of them - notably the "Black" and "Cloud" style, and see if that helps.

OK, thanks

Advertisement