Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you opinion please

• 20-01-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Saw this on 7dayshop http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=102669 .......should I keep shopping around or is this fairly good value ?

Have a 40D and looking for a lens for following local drag hunt ....trying to capture the horses and riders in action :) any advice for newbie will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Looks like a good price for the lens. It's a very good lens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

excellent lens, brill value too I bought one secondhand last year for in or around the same money...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I wish the 7dayshop would move up market & offer more Nikon stuff. Quite a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

CabanSail wrote: »
    I wish the 7dayshop would move up market & offer more Nikon stuff.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RHD

:(Guys ,
    was just about to purchase this lens when I was told that it would not stand up to the " wonderful irish weather "....like I said I need this for outdoor use ! Should I keep saving my pennies for the IS version ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

RHD wrote: »
    :(Guys ,
    was just about to purchase this lens when I was told that it would not stand up to the " wonderful irish weather "....like I said I need this for outdoor use ! Should I keep saving my pennies for the IS version ?????

Who told you that?

You can pick up rain covers fairly cheaply or indeed go for the expensive option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Not that good a price.
    I got my is version for under a grand.
    Admittedly lenses have increased in price since last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I got my is version for under a grand.

Do you have a lens for drag hunts too? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Incidently, that lens is cheaper here...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RHD

Sosserc..Was just talking to a friend who also has an interest in photography , but has waaayy more experience then me ! This forum has become my bible :) I went into my local camera shop and to be honest the guy there was less than helpful so I'm relying on you guys to steer me in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

RHD wrote: »
    Sosserc..Was just talking to a friend who also has an interest in photography , but has waaayy more experience then me ! This forum has become my bible :) I went into my local camera shop and to be honest the guy there was less than helpful so I'm relying on you guys to steer me in the right direction

I'd be inclined to disagree with your friend but bear in mind I've no experience with Canon glass.

The point that our 'wonderful weather' would mitigate against purchasing that lens if extrapolated out would mean quite a few here wouldn't have any pro glass whatsoever.

A very simple anti rain measure is a bin liner and a couple of elastic bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

If we stopped buying lenses because of Irish weather we would have none... :L

I have this lens and purchased a kata cover for it.. Have had no problems at all... Just be sensible with it and you'll be fine...

Advertisement