Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car seat help!

Options
  • 20-01-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ok I'm completely new to this site and would really appreciate some help!!

I've just bought a 2001 Audi A3 which has a big old hole in the drivers seat upholstery. I know its possible to order an Audi car seat from my dealer and I have been quoted €100 to fit it. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of a similar problem?

I should mention that I'd prefer to leave the seat the way it is than replace the cover with those cheap looking, ill-fitting seat covers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Depends on the size of the hole but you might be able to get someone to patch it up for you.

The other option would be to source a seat in a breaker’s yard, pick it up for sod all and get your local mechanic to fit it. Seats are not cheap and if your seat has an airbag in it would cost a large chunk of money to get a new one.

Main dealers have a reputation of being about the most expensive place to get work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Thanks. Ya the guy said to call in and see could they do a patch job but if not to buy a seat cover from the dealer and he would fit it. I'm not mad about going to the dealer as they are expensive for eveything else I'm assuming car seats are no different!
    I did find a website which supplies car seat covers but they seem to be ones that you can fit yourself, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea or if they would fit properly
    Anyone bought car seat covers (or anything!) from micksgarage.ie?

Advertisement