Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting private messages.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

++ to this new feature.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I disagree.

I already voiced my concerns on this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055464593

Basically it could be used in a roundabout way to publish the contents of a pm without breaching the site-wide rule about not doing so without the senders permission.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Only Smods and Admins will see reported PM's now. CuLT fixed it, I'm sure he or an SMod can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

SteveC wrote: »
    I disagree.

I already voiced my concerns on this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055464593

Basically it could be used in a roundabout way to publish the contents of a pm without breaching the site-wide rule about not doing so without the senders permission.
    The feature has now been altered so that reported PMs are only visible to Smods and admins.

So in that respect, it's no different now to simply forwarding the PM to an Smod/Admin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

seamus wrote: »
    The feature has now been altered so that reported PMs are only visible to Smods and admins.

So in that respect, it's no different now to simply forwarding the PM to an Smod/Admin.

Great news, thanks seamus (and thanks CuLT) :).

And people say nothing ever gets changed around here, pfft..:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seamus wrote: »

Who said Feedback doesnt work eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

****ing clique

Advertisement