Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnley 2nd Leg

Options
  • 20-01-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Harry Redknapp will be without a number of regulars through injury for Wednesday night's Carling Cup semi-final, second leg at Burnley.

Ledley King (hamstring), Heurelho Gomes (thigh), Vedran Corluka (thigh), Aaron Lennon (groin) and Jermaine Jenas (calf) are all sidelined as we defend a 4-1 lead from the first leg at Turf Moor.

Better news sees striker Roman Pavlyuchenko expected to be fit after picking up ankle injury against Portsmouth on Sunday and left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto is available after suspension.

Harry revealed at this afternoon's pre-Burnley press briefing that Ben Alnwick will start in goal - it will be his debut - and David Bentley will be back on the right side of midfield.

"We've got one or two good players out through injury but we'll still have a strong team out," insisted Harry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I think Corluka and Lennon in particular will be a big loss been very impressed with both lately, interesting to see how Ben does in goal. Cant help wondering if Gomez injury has been made worse by playing on it.

Still, we have to do the job, dont we, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Mullo76 wrote: »
    interesting to see how Ben does in goal. Cant help wondering if Gomez injury has been made worse by playing on it
    Lookin forward to see Ben aswell! Hope he does a good job! Gomes playing on his injury, defo couldnt of helped him anyway:p
    Harry said he doesnt trust Cesar to play in goal, otherwise he wouldnt have played gomes!
    Still have a job to do, eagles will be a threat on the ball, without a doubt!
    Hopefully, a fire is lit under some our players arses and just finish the game off professionally by half-time!!!! i.e. a goal scored, none conceded:mad:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Best Real ale pub in Burnley

http://thebridgebierhuis.co.uk/

It would be rude not to pop in to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We will be playing Man Utd in the final if we dont go and fcuk away a 3 goal lead..COYS..

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

tippspur wrote: »
    We will be playing Man Utd in the final if we dont go and fcuk away a 3 goal lead..COYS..

No surprises there then. Providing we get past Burnley, then the Football League get the final they want and make a few bucks from the tv selling rights.

Of course, I dont for one minute believe that the cup draws are fixed for these purposes, it's always just pure lucky chance on the English Football Leagues' part. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

Anyone got a live feed fo the game?
    Cat find one anywhere:(

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cheers but I cant find the game on any of the links fo the different chanells?
    im not the most computer literate guy:D

Thanks a milion reckless;);)
    1-0 to Burnley:p
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement

opeldave wrote: »
    Thanks a milion reckless;);)
    1-0 to Burnley:p
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    There going to make us sweat,as per usual.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bentley has proven his handiest role ever in this game. To draw in horrific tackles.

God we're looking shít.

2 down now,fcuk it....

Alnwick you fcuking prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What a f*cking joke.

What a laughable joke this team we support are...this could only happen to Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I've said this before but if anyone could lose a 4-1 lead it's us. We are the masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Absolute sh1t. Not a single player one of our players deserve to wear the the white shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

i've seen some sh*te in my time as a spurs fan but this takes some beating.Each and everyone of them have been a disgrace tonight.Being absolutely murdered by an average championship team

Yep, a fcukin disgrace,clueless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Some absolutely woeful performances - no drive or urgency, combined with a crap pitch & weather, an over-physical Burnley side, some iffy refereeing and a very unsporting crowd booing left, right and centre.

It'd take a solid, confident & determined side to win this extra time, and none of those adjectives apply to Spurs tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Worst game ive seen for a LONG time. That ****in keep alnwich is ****in worse than robinson and thats bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Some absolutely woeful performances - no drive or urgency, combined with a crap pitch & weather, an over-physical Burnley side, some iffy refereeing and a very unsporting crowd booing left, right and centre.

It'd take a solid, confident & determined side to win this extra time, and none of those adjectives apply to Spurs tonight :(
    We cant blame any of this on the pitch, the weather, or the ref. We are ****ing ****, and we deserve to get relegated. Embarrassing display.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Harry got just over 15 minutes to save his job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

a change of manager is the last thing they need

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh I know but this would be embarrasing and he has had a worse start than Ramos or Jol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

True, but it can't be easy turning around a team that's been in disarray for quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Kiith wrote: »
    We cant blame any of this on the pitch, the weather, or the ref. We are ****ing ****, and we deserve to get relegated. Embarrassing display.

Oh, I'm not - while they're all in there in making it a crap spectacle, they could all be easily overcome by first couple of factors that I listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Harry has a proven track record and once he can get rid of the majority of the current squad and rebuild things will be grand.

yesssssss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We do not deserve to go through.

Advertisement