Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to recruit without budget?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I am looking for a commission based sales guy thus I posted an offer on FAS, it has been deleted by them because they told it is mandatory to pay at least 8.6 an hour. I replied this is commission based only but they refused to publish my offer stating this is against their policy.

I see many sales job offers commision based on several Irish websites with companies like Axa, Manpower etc, so I do not see where the problem is...Especially nowadays.

I contacted Irishjobs etc, asing 1500 for a job, no way I am going to pay this money to them.

Would you guys know any other channel that would help me to advertise my job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

Yes thank you I forgot about this one.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

What type of job is this? I mean whats being sold. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

enviro wrote: »
    What type of job is this? I mean whats being sold. Thanks

IT products, consulting, Microsoft licenses and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mistermarketing

out of interest is it legal to employ someone on a commission only basis?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

out of interest is it legal to employ someone on a commission only basis?...

they would be better off to become self employed if they were working comission only.......I could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

+1

The other danger here is you'll wind up employing omeone who's drawing the dole on the sly and you could be complicit in that.
    I'd be carefull of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You pay 'em minimum wage or commission, whichever is greater.

Realistically, you're not going to get a great sales person this way, unless you have a fabulous product.

I don't think anyone would want to get involved with selling IT products without there being a reasonable basic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

+1, you must pay them a minimun wage as a base. Its the law. Anyways, recession or no recession - no one will work for nothing.
    CaraFawn wrote: »
    I am looking for a commission based sales guy thus I posted an offer on FAS

I also hope you mean "sales person" as opposed to guy, equal opportunites and all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TexasDec

I'd say your best option is to look for a self-employed agent, preferably someone who is already selling related products as they are going to have an established, qualified customer base.

My 2 cents.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement